Treestand Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait.

we're not supposed to dive after drinking?

****!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Yes I am afraid of falling! If I was to fall out of a tree stand without a harness, get in a car wreck without a seatbelt, die from H2S poisoning for not following safety measures at work, etc, etc, etc...there would be a lot of people suffering from my negligence...not just me.

It’s simple really. Protect yourself at all times.

I bet you are one of those guys that has an LTC and leaves your weapon in the console of your truck 24/7. Smh

Skinny
      I agree with you 100%, Skinny !!! I love my family to much to put them through such a tragedy just because of my stupidity or stubborness !!!

Comment

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Wasn't attacking anyone. Stupid people don't know their stupid. Men in particular are hard headed. We only learn from pain or a hit in the pocketbook. ......or both. Some never learn, regardless of how many times they are given examples.

You know, like diving after drinking or not wearing a seat belt, using a dull knife.
          Calling someone stupid is insulting. It's called a verbal attack. To say it's not is being disingenuous.

I've also not heard any of the guys that choose not to wear a safety harness tell others not to either. It's their personal choice. I notice nobody has asked me since I brought it up, the answer is obvious whether I do or not. I believe they should have the right to choose. They're grown men and know the risks and will pay the consequences God forbid if they ever did fall. Just because I don't agree doesn't make them stupid either. We all take risks in different ways. Freedom is a ***** for many here it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
            Calling someone stupid is insulting. It's called a verbal attack. To say it's not is being disingenuous.

I've also not heard any of the guys that choose not to wear a safety harness tell others not to either. It's their personal choice. I notice nobody has asked me since I brought it up, the answer is obvious whether I do or not. I believe they should have the right to choose. They're grown men and know the risks and will pay the consequences God forbid if they ever did fall. Just because I don't agree doesn't make them stupid either. We all take risks in different ways. Freedom is a ***** for many here it seems.
            I didn't read the whole thread, but you seem to be taking this personally. Not my intention and not directed at any member on this site. With the exception of 1 or two folks on here.....I'd share a campfire with just about everyone. I hate seeing senseless tragedies and hope my fellow hunters feel the same. We have a pretty good prayer request on this site too.

Stay safe.

Comment

The very definition of a nanny state is if attempting to force people do things against their will "for their own good."
              Except we have no ability to force anyone to do anything. So your analogy doesn't really fit here. Are we ridiculing, probably. It's no fun to read threads on here about members, their friends and loved ones falling out of a treestand and being seriously injured or killed. It happens annually. It isn't one of those freak accidents that probably will never happen to you, it's a common occurrence.

If someone doesn't want to wear one that's fine, their choice. Are they a very wise person? Nope.

Comment

The very definition of a nanny state is if attempting to force people do things against their will "for their own good."
                I did not advocate forcing anybody to do anything. Read my previous posts if you doubt my stance on that.

I do however have the right to argue and reason with people willing to read/listen. And if I ascertain that the willful negligence is born out of misplaced arrogance... well I reserve the right to call em out. I don't always do so... but often will if the debate is in a public forum... why? Because when the invisible/silent lurkers follow along as nobody refutes it... it easily becomes acceptable in thier eyes.

No... they didn't directly tell others not to wear harnesses, but by arguing the point... they are advocating that it is not negligent behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

guy slipped climbing into the treestand and fell on a tpost
                  Attached Files

Comment

Man that is why I no longer use feeder barrels on legs. Those T posts will get you. One tipped ladder and I sold them all and have stand and fill units now.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Wasn't attacking anyone. Stupid people don't know they're stupid. Men in particular are hard headed. We only learn from pain or a hit in the pocketbook. ......or both. Some never learn, regardless of how many times they are given examples.

You know, like diving after drinking or not wearing a seat belt, using a dull knife.
                      sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                        I agree with you 100%, Skinny !!! I love my family to much to put them through such a tragedy just because of my stupidity or stubborness !!!
                        That post by Skinny was fine right up to the last sentence. That's where it became an attempt to belittle and demean someone vs. just putting sound logic and information out there.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          That post by Skinny was fine right up to the last sentence. That's where it became an attempt to belittle and demean someone vs. just putting sound logic and information out there.

Dang it @skinny. See what you’ve done. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            If it's sound logic, why do you not listen?

Comment

"Nanny State" would imply government coercion of some sort - like a law requiring you to wear a harness. What we have in this thread is some people trying to persuade others that they should wear a harness. That being said, you can't change everyone's mind on the topic and name-calling is rarely an effective persuasion technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Dang it @skinny. See what you’ve done. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t help it I’m so awesome. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X