Texas Trad Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Trad Slam

Well, I finally completed the Texas Trad Slam with my Black Widow recurve. What is the Texas Trad Slam? Well, let me show you:

If you never heard of the Texas Trad Slam, it is because I made it up It consists of the 6 most popular animals hunted in Texas (at least in my opinion.) Large population, not terribly expensive to hunt, etc.

Anybody else complete this slam?

What would you add? Texas has a wide diverse population of critters. We have Mule deer, free range exotics, etc that I would throw into a "super slam" category, but for me personally, they don't fit the requirement that a decent size of the state have them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Texas Trad Slam? I like it! I am short a turkey and a javi of accomplishing it myself.
    Congrats!

Comment

Good work!! I just need a whitetail, turkey, rabbit and javi. I'll get there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats !!! Short a Javi for completion myself.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. I think you're on to something. I just need a turkey.

Comment

Armadillo and stingray

Comment

Great idea!!! I just need a squirrel.....

Comment

Cool deal Scott! I guess I'm lacking a turkey, aint got those, or javvies round here. I get to go places where they are, but am usually zoned in on deer I killed a javelina once on one of those "deer trips", but no gobbler yet. Always seem to pass on turkey "hoping" some deer will show! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yep, I'm short a Turkey with my longbow!

Comment

WAY TO GO SCOTT!!! Good shooting sir.

Comment

I just need a javi!

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        Cool deal Scott! I guess I'm lacking a turkey, aint got those, or javvies round here. I get to go places where they are, but am usually zoned in on deer I killed a javelina once on one of those "deer trips", but no gobbler yet. Always seem to pass on turkey "hoping" some deer will show! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        The fun part of this slam list is that most areas have about 4-5 of the 6. South Texas probably has the biggest leg up having all of them; although I never really saw a squirrrel on my trips to the Laredo area. That means there is a challenge in getting on the animals.

I live in Houston burbs, shot my deer in the Hill Country off my lease, rabbits and javi on a TBH group hunt in South Texas, turkey up in the Northwest Texas Plains, and hog in the North East Pineywoods on a group hunt.

The absolute best part about "chasing the slam" (funny to think of it in those terms) was the friends I have made when I took advantage of the opprotunities that presented themselves along the way; such as group hunts, etc. I have so many great memories, and stories I could tell about the hunts that made it possible to scratch each one off the list. Because of trying, I also have found hunts that I never thought I would look forward to more than deer season.

Comment

I got a long way to go.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                            I just need a javi!
                            We really need to do a TBH group hunt for Javis. You can usually do a Thurs-Sunday hunt on large ranches for around $500. That gets you a crack at javis, hogs, and rabbits.

Comment

I got that slam, several times over!!!!

Way to go Scott!

You've come a long way, pilgrim!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X