X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supressor Questions?

Old school here....so educate me!

*Fee's involved and process for approval
    *What benefit other than easy on the ears do they provide?

Again, no experience with them but I'm eager to learn...thanks GS!

Well easy way is trust, lawyer cost for trust 250-400 depending on who you use to draw up the trust.

Suppressor price, again what do you want 200-1300+

Tax per suppressor 200

Purpose, quite the blast , can improve or maintain accuracy, works like a brake and reduces felt recoil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

Look on silencer shop .com, you can pay for trust , suppressor and tax stamp all in one purchase.

Then all you pay for the next suppressor /short barreled rifle etc.
      Would be cost of item and 200 tax stamp.

The trust is a one time only purchase and will be used for future
      Purchases

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since they did away with the LEO signify for individuals, I think the buying process is no easier by using a trust anymore. I believe the only benefit of a trust now is for estate planning (if you die).

I'll still use my trust because I got it before the rule change.

Comment

paperwork

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but since they did away with the LEO signify for individuals, I think the buying process is no easier by using a trust anymore. I believe the only benefit of a trust now is for estate planning (if you die).

I'll still use my trust because I got it before the rule change.
          I have just started the process. From what I understand, a trust would not be of much benefit to me. I ordered the suppressor. Once it arrives at the dealer, I will need my "passport " type photo, finger print card, and I believe it is called the Form 4. Sheriff is not required to sign off. We have to wait for the suppressor because the serial number is required.

Comment

Fees/process already answered above. As far as reasons for gettin one....or 5 lol...really can't imagine shooting without them now. So easy on my ears and on the people around me. Recoil isn't really a factor on any caliber now. You can shoot all day without getting wore out. As a result, you should be able to develop some better shooting habits. As far as hunting with them; you can literally hear the bullet hit the animal, I can watch the animal get hit through my scope since the recoil is so minimal and I have had quite a bit of success with getting another shot at an animal during the same sit. Seems as if the deer have a hard time figuring out where the noise came from. Be aware, once you buy 1 can, you will almost certainly want more

Comment

If you have a wife that you like, you need a trust.

Comment

One item.. for the trust...The trust allows other family members to be listed and to also have access to the suppressor

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                  One item.. for the trust...The trust allows other family members to be listed and to also have access to the suppressor

Also friends. Going the Trust route is a HUGE advantage IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Supressor Questions?

As mentioned trust is still the way to go even with additional red tape. There are many benefits as mentioned.

Pay a lawyer well versed in NFA laws to draft your trust. Yes it's more costly but well worth it. I used Sean Cody and will continue to recommend him because of the "service after the sale" I continue to receive.

Rough number to chew on:

$300 for the trust

$300 and up for each can depending on what caliber/features/construction materials/attachment methods, etc.

$200 tax stamp for each one purchased.

You will want more one you have the first one. It's a freaking addiction.

I originally wanted only 3......

Last edited by Mike D; 01-10-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

trust

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      If you have a wife that you like, you need a trust.
                      Not to hijack thread but can you elaborate? My wife has no interest in shooting or hunting. It might save a some paperwork if something should happen to me. But if I pass away, she would have no interest in keeping the suppressor.

Comment

The issue would be that your wife would now be in possession of a regulated class three fire arm , with out proper back ground, hens illegal possession.

The trust is easy and helps with wife or kids.

Still the best route in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by h2447intx View Post
                          The issue would be that your wife would now be in possession of a regulated class three fire arm , with out proper back ground, hens illegal possession.

The trust is easy and helps with wife or kids.

Still the best route in my opinion

This! If you are at work and your wife/kids has access to your safe where it's keep they are now in violation of the law.

Comment

I d I nt know exactly how it works , becouse the item has to have a residence, possession , ownership, or use, for me the trust solves any posible future problems.

Comment

How would you begin to choose which suppressor to get? There are so many different kinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X