Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

I went up July 9th and setup 4 cameras. All spots had does coming in everyday. 2 of the 4 had bucks coming in every other day and one spot had a big boy coming every 3-4 days. I know it's still early but it's still exciting. I noticed a lot of areas burned and roads are still closed or screwed up from rains last year. Here are a few pics of the deer and growth I'm seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice deer! Maybe it's just me but that high rack 8 looks like a 2yo.

I bet that big boy is closing in on mid 150s. Maybe even 160. Such a giant. These deer is what keeps me coming back year after year. Absolutely love davy crockett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer but isn't it illegal to bait in a national forest?

Comment

flash,
        great deer ,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
          Its illegal to bait and hunt..I bet there is a stipulation that says you may not hunt a baited area that has had bait on it in the past 10 days.

Comment

Great looking deer, best of luck on the season.

Comment

Yes I'm pretty sure it's illegal. I know it is illegal to bait and hunt for sure. That one log does look like a block or mineral lick but I assure you it's not. I noticed it after looking at pics. Nothing to hide here.

Comment

Might want to check that but if you want to bet on it with a ticket I wish you luck.

Comment

Might want to check that but if you want to bet on it with a ticket I wish you luck.
                  He's not baiting? There's nothing to bet on.

Comment

Man that one buck is def an older deer! Pretty unique rack as well. I think you def have your cam in a nice area with plenty of potential targets

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                      Man that one buck is def an older deer! Pretty unique rack as well. I think you def have your cam in a nice area with plenty of potential targets

Thank you. I know it's still early and really no way to guarantee they stay there. But my fingers are crossed. I will check cams again in 2-3weeks

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                        He's not baiting? There's nothing to bet on.

I was talking to the other guy in regards to baiting and not hunting.

Comment

I was talking to the other guy in regards to baiting and not hunting.
                          Oh okay. Sorry about that

Comment

No problem. Only reason I ever assumed baiting was that seems to be a odd shaped log that the deer seemed to be paying a lot of attention to. But since the op set it straight it must just be a good travel area.

Comment

The area was recently burned and there is a lot of fresh growth and grasses growing there. Also you can see two of the 5 oak trees that are there. I am very excited to see if they start dropping acorns. I will be set. The camera is setup on a trail that I assumed was a path from the flat to a bedding area but they seem to be using it very randomly. So I can't really figure out why they are there but I don't really care at this point. Lol. I just hope they stay

Comment

Working...
                              X