Question for sports photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
    I most often buy used from KEH. I look at B&H's used department as well but they are normally a bit higher. Both have a grading system and I have been more than pleased with their "product as described".

https://www.keh.com/shop/nikon-af-s-...zoom-lens.html
    Thanks Bill, I'll check out the link.

Comment

This may be a pretty good service to check out lenses moving forward. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, looks like I can get a used 70-200 f/2.8 VR for $1395 in like new condition so I'm going to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Thanks for all the input, looks like I can get a used 70-200 f/2.8 VR for $1395 in like new condition so I'm going to pull the trigger.

Nice lens! I've got one. No need for me to upgrade to the VR II.

Comment

Pull it!

Comment

This is probably the direction I'm headed. It appears the non VR version is the 80-200mm f/2.8 which runs $1200 new and the 70-200 f/2.8 runs $2100 - $2800.

My best body I have is the D7100 which I recently picked up for $700 (I'm skeered of the high dollar rigs), dang expensive hobbies are killin the pocket book. lol

Is there a prefered shop to buy used glass from online while targeting some local shops as well?
              I had the 80-200 2.8 before I got the 70-200 2.8 VR. Both are very high quality lenses. If you can find a good used 80-200 I would not hesitate in buying it.
              Regarding the 24-70, with your field being 80 yards by 40 yards, that is not going to give you enough reach on the 70mm side.

Comment

Did not see your post before responding with my earlier post. That is a great price for that lens in like new condition. You will really enjoy it and my guess is that it will be on your body 90% of the time. I know mine is.

Comment

Working...
                X