No announcement yet.

multiple feeders at one spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding your concern that the deer won't hear the "dinner bell", well, they don't need to hear it to know when it feeds. Every morning and every evening, deer begin to gather at my protein/corn feed pens at least an hour before the feed drops. The closer you get to feeding time, the more mature deer move in closer to the feeder to establish and exhibit their dominance. When the feed drops, it's survival of the fittest, meaning nature's order of dominance are the rules for which deer get to the feed first. Big boys feed first. Little boys feed after that. And does squeeze in when the little boys allow. It's quite educational to watch.

Comment

I ran 2 corn feeders one year because of the distance from my house to the lease. Set to feed twice each morning and evening. The deer parade was no less than phenomenal. Opening morning I had no less than 20 different 8 pts walking back and forth between the two feed pens. Word got out and other members on lease were p.o. next year's rules changed to only 1 feeder prices paid spot. Imagine that.

Comment

I run both corn and protein at our locations. Some of our setups have 2 corn feeders which are about 150yds apart. This helps the does get in on the corn since the bucks seem to rule the feeders 95% of the time.
        Last edited by westexhunter75; 10-31-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X