Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post
    Starting this today. Going to pick up a sack of corn after work....already have a pack with hip belt.
    Awesome. A 50# sack of corn is a pretty big weight to start off with if you haven't done that much weight before. I eased into the 50-60# range and I am glad I did.

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    I was not in the military anybody know of a good ruck sack you can buy for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For anything up to 40#, I liked the 5.11 Rush 12. Higher than that I am using a Cabelas freighter pack frame. You can also buy army ALICE packs on Ebay, etc.

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    Are there any good areas to ruck around Tomball/Cypress/Montgomery area? I would like to start doing weekend rucks, I miss living in Arizona where I could go do hike all the time!
    I liked doing long rucks around the woodlands trailways. I did a long one and covered it Live here: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=ruck

Spring creek park has a good 2 mile, rolling terrain that I've been wanting to do to mix it up... but I just walk around my neighborhood to get used to the weight on the back and train up the core... I'm due to hit some hills with the pack and there are some good areas around that can give me some of that.

Comment

I will be doing my first ruck in february.

13.1 miles with 50# for my brother in law.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Awesome. A 50# sack of corn is a pretty big weight to start off with if you haven't done that much weight before. I eased into the 50-60# range and I am glad I did.
        Alright. I took your advice. Opted out of the corn and used a case of 12ga shells. Pack with shells came in at 27.8lbs. Due to time constraints, I only did a mile (13:46). Felt good afterwards... shoulders were a little fatigued, but the hip belt really helps with giving the shoulders a break. We'll see how it all feels in the morning! Should have more time tomorrow....might try for 1.5 - 2 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
          I will be doing my first ruck in february.

13.1 miles with 50# for my brother in law.

https://projectblue.redpodium.com/jail-break-ruck
          Have any more details on this... it doesn't have location information (or I am blind... which might be the case...) I do see in the waiver section a mention of "city of Baytown" so if it is in Baytown... I may do this. I have rucked long distances, but never attended an official "rucking" event. 13.1 miles would be fun.

Comment

Have any more details on this... it doesn't have location information (or I am blind... which might be the case...) I do see in the waiver section a mention of "city of Baytown" so if it is in Baytown... I may do this. I have rucked long distances, but never attended an official "rucking" event. 13.1 miles would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
              Gonna sign up for this!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That Jail Break ruck looks interesting and it fits in with the Bataan training as well. I think a few of us may head out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  That Jail Break ruck looks interesting and it fits in with the Bataan training as well. I think a few of us may head out that way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

1369 Sent me this link last month for the 1,000 mile challenge. My wife and I signed up last week and have already logged some miles. I am only going to log my rucking miles, she will log both rucking/walking.

This is the second annual Charity Challenges 1,000 Mile Challenge! Do you have what it takes to ruck, run, or walk 1,000 miles in 2018? Sign up today and find out! How It Works We’ve built the Charity Challenges experience to be as simple for you as possible. Here’s a basic breakdown on how this […]

I didn't close out my 2017 year very strong. With business travel, holidays, wet weather, etc I dropped in overall miles in general. I did however end with 9 millions steps which was approximately 4k miles (mostly walking, not rucking.)

Still plan on the jail break ruck.

Comment

Good thread. I'm still having nightmares from the two 25 milers I did with full gear, flak jacket, helmet, pack and crew served weapons (60 mm mortar).

Comment

Bataan training kicks off tomorrow morning at 0500.

More than likely in 20 degree weather.

Probably gonna look like Ralphie's little brother from "A Christmas Story" when it's time to step off...

Comment

To say this mornings first training ruck for Bataan was a tad "airish" would be a slight understatement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2372.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	24525916

Name:	IMG_5428.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24525917

Name:	IMG_5429.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	24525918

Comment

To say this mornings first training ruck for Bataan was a tad "airish" would be a slight understatement.
                            Good job Mark! The alarm went off at 530 and my walking/rucking partner (wife) was not feeling well, and so I decided to sleep in as well when I saw the 22 degree temps. Brought my 40# ruck to work so I could walk during lunch instead.

The last two days... rucking in below freezing (28 & 30) haven't really been that bad... but the cold has a way of killing your immune system and I want to be able to ruck the rest of the week and on.

BTW, you sign up for the 1000 mile challenge yet?

Comment

BTW, you sign up for the 1000 mile challenge yet?
                              Already on it. 0.54% complete!

Comment

Already on it. 0.54% complete!

Knocked out 2 miles with the 40#er just before work and just put down another 4 during lunch... Puts me at 1.72% complete Just 3 more miles before my first checked box.

Actually debating ordering one of those tracking patches even though it is all online anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X