Clay Wagner taxidermist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clay Wagner taxidermist?

I have been waiting a year for a fox. I'm not in a rush or upset but this is much longer than he told me in person. I gave him the deposit and met in person and personally like the guy. Anyhow, I called mornings, afternoons, etc. Finally, after months he did answer my ring. He said he lost my number and all my paperwork, ETC. I still had my receipt with info, address, ranch name, county, etc. and texted it back to him on his request. That was two weeks ago. Still waiting for him to get back to me so we can decide how the animal will be finished (laying, standing, ETC).

Re: unicorn comment (changing subject)
    I have many many mounts from many different taxidermists. The unicorn comment is dead wrong. I have used good people that tan there own hides and some that will send hides to the tannery in increments instead of one big slug at a time (to save on drive time, cost, etc). Every taxidermist works at their own pace but many work quicker or slower than others. To say that the extra 6 months is for extra detail on an animal is just flat incorrect.

Comment

Clay does amazing cats. I can't comment on anything besides that. Good luck with everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
        I have been waiting a year for a fox. I'm not in a rush or upset but this is much longer than he told me in person. I gave him the deposit and met in person and personally like the guy. Anyhow, I called mornings, afternoons, etc. Finally, after months he did answer my ring. He said he lost my number and all my paperwork, ETC. I still had my receipt with info, address, ranch name, county, etc. and texted it back to him on his request. That was two weeks ago. Still waiting for him to get back to me so we can decide how the animal will be finished (laying, standing, ETC).

Ya, still have not heard back...
        One of last time I talked to him got the same line....and it's let me check and give you a call back in the morning and nothing
        I'll probably start trying to call from a different number maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
          Clay is a friend of mine. I have is phone number
          Show him this thread. I'm in no rush to get mine. I want it to look perfect. Just makes me nervous with folks saying they have waited 2+ years lol

Comment

Clay called me about a week ago out of the blue and I thought it was pretty good timing with this thread. He was about to get started on mine and said it should be completed in short order so I dropped a check in the mail the next day. I'll post up pics when it's here.

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
              Clay called me about a week ago out of the blue and I thought it was pretty good timing with this thread. He was about to get started on mine and said it should be completed in short order so I dropped a check in the mail the next day. I'll post up pics when it's here.
              When did you drop it off

Edit The one from April 14?

Comment

Yessir, that's correct

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
                  So you are paid in full before actually seeing the completed animal? If so, you are a more trusting man than I, especially given the comments and lack of communication expressed on this thread. Best of luck and I hope it all works out.

Comment

Never said that. If anything, Clay is more trusting than anyone since he's never asked for a penny. I get what you're saying though. Having said that, I offered to pay in full when I dropped it off and he wouldn't let me. I can't speak on his customer service but I've seen his work in person and it really is second to none.

Comment

Taxidermists get very busy and hate being bothered just let them do their thing and enjoy when its done.

Comment

It looks like he does great work!

Comment

Anymore info? Did you hear from him again?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Anymore info? Did you hear from him again?

Nope

Comment

Still have not heard anything back and got another cat this morning.
                              Now need to find another taxidermist.

Comment

I've been wanting to kill a bobcat for a couple years now I know who not to take it too when I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X