No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 pages on FOC lol who ever goes to build some arrows will find this handy for sure

Comment

Here's an interesting anomaly is just discovered.
      I built one Goldtip Expedition Hunter when I bought my bow. It has Gold tip 2" vanes. not sure of the glue.

I's 29.0625 Inches knock to Carbon the Balance Point is 19.0625'' giving me an FOC of 15.591%.
      The 6 arrows I had built last Saturday are Goldtip XT Hunters with Blazers and 2 part epoxy glue.
      They're 29.0625" long the Balance Point is 18.8750" giving me an FOC of 14.946%.

Are the Goldtip vanes lighter?

Is it worth to chase the .645 percent?
      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-21-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I would have thought it would take more then that to make 1% difference. I think I saw where muddyfuzzy wrote around 20 gns to add like 2% gain. No way the goldtip vanes are that much lighter. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          Here's an interesting anomaly is just discovered.
          I built one Goldtip Expedition Hunter when I bought my bow. It has Gold tip 2" vanes. not sure of the glue.

I's 29.0625 Inches knock to Carbon the Balance Point is 19.0625'' giving me an FOC of 15.591%.
          The 6 arrows I had built last Saturday are Goldtip XT Hunters with Blazers and 2 part epoxy glue.
          They're 29.0625" long the Balance Point is 18.8750" giving me an FOC of 14.946%.

Are the Goldtip vanes lighter?

Is it worth to chase the .645 percent?
          I just Googled it.
          According to Goldtips websites the 2" HP vane weighs 5.2 Grains
          According to Bohning.com the Blazers weigh 6 Grains. giving me 2.4 grains extra on the back.

Comment

Never would have thought that little would make that big of a difference.

Comment

Maybe the difference is also in the amount of glue used also ?

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                Never would have thought that little would make that big of a difference.
                Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                Maybe the difference is also in the amount of glue used also ?
                Both excellent posts!

Same shop built both arrows.

Here's the spreadsheet I made.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-21-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

No see spreadsheet lol

Comment

I set my 100 grain inserts in my new Rampage 250s yesterday afternoon. With any luck they will go in the jo-jan this weekend. I couldn't stand it and screwed one of my slick tricks into one of the shafts. I don't know how to explain the feeling I have looking at this unfletched shaft with a broadhead in it other than "It's just BEGGING to kill something."

FWIW, the interior and exterior dimensions seem to be exactly the same as my Easton Axis 300s and the perfectly routine HIT insert installation supports that. There is a big difference in stiffness between the two, however. I don't have a deflection gauge, but I can easily tell the Rampage from the Axis with my eyes closed by flexing.

Excited as ****.

Comment

No see spreadsheet lol
                      my tablets not doing it thing.
                      trying my iPhone now

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                        I set my 100 grain inserts in my new Rampage 250s yesterday afternoon. With any luck they will go in the jo-jan this weekend. I couldn't stand it and screwed one of my slick tricks into one of the shafts. I don't know how to explain the feeling I have looking at this unfletched shaft with a broadhead in it other than "It's just BEGGING to kill something."

FWIW, the interior and exterior dimensions seem to be exactly the same as my Easton Axis 300s and the perfectly routine HIT insert installation supports that. There is a big difference in stiffness between the two, however. I don't have a deflection gauge, but I can easily tell the Rampage from the Axis with my eyes closed by flexing.

Excited as ****.
                        Awesome!!!!!

Comment

No see spreadsheet lol
                          I just edited it into my post about it.

Can you think of anything else I need to add/edit to it?

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post

Excited as ****.
                            my Goldtip arrows have the deal on the back of the insert where I can add some more screw in weight from the knock side if I want to add more.

Does your?

Comment

FOC increase

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416625927.297715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	24346853Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416625953.797991.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24346854
                              Just finished up these for Hoyt21. Ended up @ 373 with 20% FOC. She's running a total of 167 grains up front. These will be shot out of a 46# passion @ 26"s. Should be an awesome set-up with the heads he has selected.
                              Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 11-21-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

The arrows look good. But your cheating on the foc by laying the back half of the arrow on the rock chucker hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X