Mechanic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanic question

So who can tell me why a fuel injector will work fine at start up, continue to work fine with no issues, but if you shut down for 10-15 min after getting to normal operating temp it will cause misfire after restart that will remain until engine cools and you restart?

Known problem on Toyotas but can't find a reason why it would do it.

Have changed plugs, wires and rotated coils and misfire remains in #2 cylinder

Nothing makes since with these computer operated machines to me

Comment

What engine ? Fuel injectors bleed down causing misfire . Depending on the engine head gaskets can also cause startup misfire. Coolant seeps into the cylinder after it sits then misfires when you start it

Comment

What type of Toyota?

Comment

I had this problem on my old 2000 F150. Finally figured out the intake had a small crack and was letting coolant get into the spark plug hole. After a while it would saturate the plug boot and the plug would spark out to the head. When you would shut it off and it sat for a while, it would start and run fine for a little bit then start misfiring again once the engine warmed up again. The crack in the intake would close up when it cooled down and open back up when it got hot. I spent a lot of time and money before I figured it out.

Comment

Heat from the duty cycle is making the resistance go too high, thus killing the injector.

Comment

heat sheild /vapor lock

Comment

3.4 5VZFE IN 99 Tacoma

So far all I have found is a comment about a partially plugged injector causing this

Pain in the butt to change them out, have to remove intake to get at them

Comment

Working...
                X