Grill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Question

Alrighty, so I'm looking at moving from a gas grill to a charcoal one this year. Looking at a medium size.

What are your recommendations for:
    A grill?
    Type of charcoal?
    Tips, advice and opinions much appreciated!!!!!

Skip that and buy a pellet grill you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Weber kettle and lump charcoal, use a chimney to start fire. There are lots of good grills but for the money and a 1st grill its hard to neat. Good luck and enjoy charcoal is the BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        Skip that and buy a pellet grill you won’t be disappointed.
        I agree. Im looking at the Treager vs the Green Mountain. Seems like the Green Mountain is where it's at but the Treager is the original. Hard decision.

Comment

I just use an old smokey. Large enough to stand a beer can chicken and just a great inexpensive grill. Academy sells leg extenders for like seven dollars so you don’t have to bend over. I’m not a fan of gas grills myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Weber kettle is hard to beat

Comment

Pellet grill is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
                Weber kettle and lump charcoal, use a chimney to start fire. There are lots of good grills but for the money and a 1st grill its hard to neat. Good luck and enjoy charcoal is the BEST!
                x2. I rarely use my gas grill after buying one of these a couple years back.

Comment

Webber is way to go for charcoal. Great product for the money. Make sure you get the type that has a bucket under the kettle for ash. Makes it easy to clean it out.

I also have a pellet grill for anything slow cooked. It's the Cabela's brand but I think camp chef makes them. It's almost to easy to use. I have some friends with Traeger's, nice product but you're paying a premium for the brand name.

I'll always have a Webber for steaks and burgers unless the pellet makers come up with a true sear feature.

Comment

Weber Kettle, my parents lasted over 15 years. The 22 inch has a good amount of cooking surface.

Comment

HEB barrel pit.

Comment

Weber kettle without a doubt for a medium range price grill with a great warrant. I have done everything from steaks to brisket to ribs on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your budget allows it get a komodo style grill. If I had known just how awesome our big green egg was going to be I would have bought one years ago.

Comment

Weber

Comment

Big Green Egg!!! Will outlast them all

Comment

Working...
                              X