Long Marinade brisket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Marinade brisket???

So I'm planning to smoke a brisket for a get together Saturday afternoon.

I've got time to kill why not start early with a long marinade? Anyone ever done it. I mean like two days in the chill chest in a marinade?

I've seen where folks making pastrami sometimes go weeks in a marinade or brine.

Any advice?

I've never done a long marinade on a brisket, but I do it all the time with pork butts. I let them sit for 3-4 days in an apple juice based marinade before I cook them.

I'll be following along to see the results. I can't imagine it not working out and tasting great!

Comment

I always marinade mine for 3-4 days..... different recipes based on type of cooking that I am doing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
        I always marinade mine for 3-4 days..... different recipes based on type of cooking that I am doing.....
        What would you suggest?

My usual method is:
        dry rub and smoke with Mesquite and a little Pecan for about 5 hours then bag in Reynolds turkey roasting bag and finish low and slow for another 10-12 hours.

The only complaint I get is it is overly tender. I understand that but I don't care.

Comment

For dry smoking I use Dr.Pepper, Tonys and dry rub.... marinade 48 hours, pat dry then apply salt and
          pepper.

For "wet" cooking, where I cook the meat in the brine/marinade.... I use lemons, apple cidar vinegar, pickling spice, onion, garlic, salt and black peppercorns... and water....

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            What would you suggest?

My usual method is:
            dry rub and smoke with Mesquite and a little Pecan for about 5 hours then bag in Reynolds turkey roasting bag and finish low and slow for another 10-12 hours.

The only complaint I get is it is overly tender. I understand that but I don't care.

back it off to 6-8 hrs should fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              back it off to 6-8 hrs should fix it.
              The dilemma is I smoke the night before and finish over night for lunch the next day. So unless I want to get up in the middle of the night to cook it usually ends up being on the long side.

Comment

I use Italian dressing 2-3 days in advance. Makes a big difference.

Comment

You talking liquid or dry marinate?

Comment

For marinade, I inject Mojo Goya in everything. Check it out Kroger's Int'l section.

Comment

I used some Diet coke. apple cider vinegar, salt, Tony's, and black peppercorns. It sat for about 1 1/2 days. I then patted it dry and gave it a dry rub before hitting the smoke for 5 hours. Then I put it in a Reynolds turkey bag in the oven for 8 hours at low temp. Then I pulled it and put it in a cooler with a towel over it and let it rest 3 hours before carving it up. It came out great.

Comment

liquid Italian dressing....

Comment

Anyone inject the brisket?

Comment

What temp do you target for low and slow?

Comment

Been cooking mine like this for a while and according to my family is the best:
                              FULL EPISODE! Aaron dives even deeper in the world of Brisket. Watch Now! - http://video.klru.tv/video/2365494916/In this first episode of BBQ with Franklin ...

Comment

Working...
                              X