Why I think they can never take our guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Confiscation would directly violate that oath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know where you're going with this. my point is that it's already being done.

would law enforcement currently confiscate a post 1986 machine gun? - yes

if restrictions were increased to include all ar-15 rifles, would law enforcement confiscate those firearms?

both of these scenarios would violate an oath to the constitution. so what makes you think that law enforcement wouldn't comply with the second scenario?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t in my lifetime think there will be forcible door to door confiscation. I believe there are still enough patriots in this country that for now that is still a no go scenario.

They will continue to do it incrementally through regulation and taxation.

However, a large portion of the younger generation is being indoctrinated that guns are scary and the 2nd amendment is no longer needed.

I do worry for my grandchildren and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Death of a thousand cuts. It would be gradual over several years (like the last 50 have proven). As one generation dies out, the next only knows the new normal. After a few generations, we have no rights.

Heck, less than a hundred years ago we could buy guns by mail-order (no FFL), buy suppressors and fully automatic weapons without a background check and onerous tax.
        Last edited by grizzman; 03-21-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Remember they seized weapons in New Orleans during the hurricane over a decade ago. Our nation is in a different place since then and not for the better IMO.

Comment

I don't understand most who think that guns will somehow be confiscated.

As has been said, most of the people I know who own the guns, are the LEO and former / current Servicemen who would be charged with taking them, and that is never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Remember they seized weapons in New Orleans during the hurricane over a decade ago. Our nation is in a different place since then and not for the better IMO.

They only seized them from folks they were sure they could get them from.

I have a friend that owns a security company that was hired to protect a neighborhood after the flood. The PD rolled up and told them they needed to turn over their firearms. The hired operators told them to pound sand, The PD left them alone

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I don't understand most who think that guns will somehow be confiscated.

As has been said, most of the people I know who own the guns, are the LEO and former / current Servicemen who would be charged with taking them, and that is never going to happen.
                so, if someone currently owned a post 1986 machine gun, the LEO that you know wouldn't confiscate it?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Why do yall think that the Feds would rely on Andy & Barney to stop fussing with Otis to come grab your guns?
                  Don't you think they'll send the suits from DC to do it?
                  Or just send teams of rookie cops from Harris or Tarrant counties (which you surely can't know them all nor would the majority have feelings for you) to do it.

And the govt won't come round them up, they will simply make it illegal to possess one and if you get caught with one (like a machine gun today or a fifth of gin in prohibition) you'll do some time

Comment

I'm with texasnavy on this. Look at the law enforcement officers in places like New York that line up for glory photos after they confiscate guns violating the SAFE act and jail the owner. It's unfortunate, but when it comes down to ignoring an unlawful order or doing what you're told so you can continue to support your family, they'll choose to take the guns.

That being said, I don't think it would ever come to that on a national level. Bans, mandatory turn ins etc. have already proven to be pretty effective at disarming law abiding subjects.

Comment

If law enforcement officers can get away with not enforcing Federal immigration laws, i.e. sanctuary cities, then I can see them refusing to enforce this if there would be a law passed to make it illegal to own. Of course there is that prickly little thing called the Constitution that could make passing any kind of law towards this end very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                        so, if someone currently owned a post 1986 machine gun, the LEO that you know wouldn't confiscate it?
                        I aint no snitch. I can and did say the only people I know with any kind of weaponry that may or may not be classified in such a category.

I'm not smart on guns though, so it could be pre or post and I would have no idea.

Comment

The LEOs would try and consficate them, without a doubt imo. Maybe not this generation of cops, but the next most certainly will. Change a law, they enforce it. "Just doing my job sir". Look how many people on here think silencers should be declassified, including me. How many cops you know, that are going to let someone go, if they catch em with a silencer. The vast majority of cops, are drones imo. They will fall right in line with what the man wants, or lose their job. Society as a whole is slowly moving the other way. Unless something drastic happens, I don't see us winning the battle in the long run.

Comment

I just can’t see them throwing their tax base in jail.

Who will pay for the jails?

Comment

I think most people talk a big game but when it came down to it and someone knocked on their door, they would let them take the guns. We live a very comfy life today. Having to give that up over a weapon isn't a choice most would want to make. The whole idea that you would go down in a blaze of glory and they would have to pry the weapon from your cold dead hands seems good, but would most really do that when the time came?

Interesting thread.

Comment

We have already given up our guns or severely limited ownership but we just haven't seen the outcome and probably won't for a couple more decades. The millineals and those who will be born after them. They will put the final stamp on it once they start growing into adults and running for national offices. My generation ( x) and those older me will lose power. The young are being taught and brainwashed to hate and fear guns. Look at the last month.

Comment

Working...
                                X