2nd amendment arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    One thing that no one ever talks about is keeping you weapons in operation. I concur that having an entire arsenal is impractical because you can't carry around 20 weapons and ammunition get heavy quickly. If you have multiple locations you can move to then having stuff at each location isn't a bad idea...keeps you from being tied down. No matter, you need to have with you equipment/parts to keep your weapons running. I know guys with 15 AR's and not a single spare part.

Your rifle and 30 loaded mags are worthless when a firing pin or extractor breaks.
    Very valid point. Someone who cannot fully strip down and have at least one replacement for important parts such as ejector would be better served learning this as well as the ability to reload with stocked components.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      One thing that no one ever talks about is keeping you weapons in operation. I concur that having an entire arsenal is impractical because you can't carry around 20 weapons and ammunition get heavy quickly. If you have multiple locations you can move to then having stuff at each location isn't a bad idea...keeps you from being tied down. No matter, you need to have with you equipment/parts to keep your weapons running. I know guys with 15 AR's and not a single spare part.

Your rifle and 30 loaded mags are worthless when a firing pin or extractor breaks.

Another great point as well. I keep spare BCG parts in my magpul grip and extra batteries, lube and tools in the stock stoage.

Comment

When you have enough firearms that every immediate family member has one PLUS a backup...it's time to stock up on ammo. This includes rifles, handguns, shotguns, whatever....but does not apply to me....just trying to join the "conversation." Evil guns!

Comment

I'm going to Academy tonite.....

Comment

To go with what I have......I just need one more......

a TANK.

Comment

Buy all the stripped lowers you can from individuals. That way there is no record anywhere that you acquies them. Soon they could be worth a lot!

Comment

Learn to reload and do some homework on what gun powders, are useable between several different rifle and or pistol offerings. That is what I have done and my gun collection, I have a cross of powders to reload multiple cartridge offerings.

10mm
                9mm
                45 ACP
                38 Special
                357 Magnum
                22-250
                270 Weatheryby
                270 Winchester
                7mm Mag
                22 LR
                22 Magnum

Snag a few rimfire guns - pistol and rifle. And bulk buy 22 rimfire ammo.

It's a fun hobby and hitting the range to shoot various rounds as well as reloading and working up ballistic data, it's a fine hobby! You meet some excellent folks, many are active and or ex Military and or Law Enforcement.

As it is with getting the best out of your gear, this takes it to that level. At one point, there was 3 generations from my tribe making annual trips to the range. It's a solid bonding opportunity and gives the family something to do....as many of this stuff gets passed down to the next generation. Seeing that next generation involved, with something that one day will be theirs for the next generation - it's good stuff!
                Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-28-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Your counting on all LE and Military following orders and turning on the people.

I don’t believe that.
                  Not this one..

Matter of fact I'm coming to your house with brass and primers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well y'all have all reaffirmed what I pretty much thought....I don't need anymore guns but that doesn't change the fact that I want some more! Lol. I'm disappointed to hear what trump had to say today but not totally surprised. Knew it could be a possibility when I voted for him but he was by far the lesser of two evils.

Comment

I dont understand "dont need any more guns"...
                      What language is that?

Comment

SaltwaterSlick,
                        To what you said and others concerned about the government using the military against us. Years ago a group of former military officers that were all graduates of an un-named East Texas university got together. That particular university has a reputation for producing very high quality combat branch officers and NCOs. We support the ROTC program and part of it is to make sure that the future officers know what their oath means. We want them to know us and their oaths, so if the time ever comes they will make the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          I dont understand "dont need any more guns"...
                          What language is that?
                          Liberobonics.

Comment

I find it funny that: for the last year the left called Trump not their president but they want him to fix the gun problem. and he has been called Hitler but that person took guns away from the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                              A 5.56. 7.62x39 and a 9mm
                              This and .45acp

Comment

Working...
                              X