Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scope Recommendations- Vortex, Leupold, Etc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you said long range shooting, you're gonna see a difference in vortex and something like leupold, Swarovski past 4 or 500 yards.

Bet on it

I own a few vortex scopes and binocs and I'm happy. But anything I plan on stretching out has gold rings.

And ftr I've sent back leupold, vortex, tasco and nikon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I love Meopta.

Comment

Burris has several models in that price range

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Midway has the Vortex Viper PA 6-20x44 on sale for $299 right now, and free shipping.
          edit: They have your HS listed in your OP with the BDC reticle for $389. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2420760318?pid=760318
          I have both those in the cart right now along with two other brand scopes. Hard to look away from those two with the price offered.
          Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          I had a few Vortex scopes. Lack of clarity and mirage moved me away from them.

I have Leupold on all my rifles and really like the LRP line however I went with the Meopta binoculars a year ago and love them for glassing, I did this due to several great reviews from some serious shooters. I will strongly consider Meopta for my next scope as well
          Meopta seems to very popular. I have Zeiss Terra ED binos and love them. Just haven’t found anything cheap enough for me in the scope market from Zeiss lol.
          Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          Trijicon Huron are excellent and I think that they can take the most abuse. Leupold are also great and have been for a long time. Both are made in the USA.
          Adios,
          Gary
          I did look at the Huron lineup. Seems to be great. And I like the made in USA part too.
          Originally posted by grizzman View Post
          I love Meopta.
          Looking through them too.

Comment

Athlon is really peaking my interest over the Viper HS. Midway has a great price on the Helos right now. Pretty much 50% off

What’s the consensus on this Athlon Helos?
            Long Range Hunting Scope by Athlon. Browse top rated hunting scopes with excellent reviews. First Focal Plane Rifle Scope

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Athlon is really peaking my interest over the Viper HS. Midway has a great price on the Helos right now. Pretty much 50% off

What’s the consensus on this Athlon Helos?
              https://athlonoptics.com/product/rif...pes-helos-btr/
              Never seen one in person, but the thing that weirds me out about them is that they may so many different models of low end scopes and so many different models in general. Seems like an awful lot of variety. I went through all this last week when buying a new scope for the wife after discovering a haze in her current Vortex and not having time for warranty roundabout.

Comment

Another vote for Meopta Optika 6. I have one along a Vortex Viper HS, Leupold LRP VX3i and Sig Tango 4 but the Meopta has better glass for around the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Never seen one in person, but the thing that weirds me out about them is that they may so many different models of low end scopes and so many different models in general. Seems like an awful lot of variety. I went through all this last week when buying a new scope for the wife after discovering a haze in her current Vortex and not having time for warranty roundabout.
                  Me either. Can't recall ever seeing one to even look thru. But the one I found seems to be midline, maybe a little above, for their lineup. You definitely are right about one thing, TOO dam many to look thru

Comment

Meopta hands down

Comment

Meopta. Call Doug at Camerland

Comment

Meopta is good stuff

Comment

Out of those 2 choices, leupold. I'm that price range though, I'd look into the new sig optics. Heard really good things about them.

Comment

Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. Great hunting and long range scope. Locking turrets for hunting but loud adjustable clicks for dope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every single vortex question thread someone comes along saying to get it for the warranty. Never understood that at all. It’s a freaking scope. Buy one that has good glass, not some crappy scope with a good warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                                Every single vortex question thread someone comes along saying to get it for the warranty. Never understood that at all. It’s a freaking scope. Buy one that has good glass, not some crappy scope with a good warranty.
                                To expand on that, nobody will ever beat Leupold warranty. There's guys that have had 30 year old scopes replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X