No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are seeing an uptick of sorts for Oct, should be a good month if we can get it all shipped. All our work is still coming from south of the border but we will take it. We do build Float Equipment if anyone is ever in need

Comment

I gave up on the oilfield and went bact to OTR Trucking. Went 8 months with a $350 weekly check. Enough was enough
      Have heard many rumors about it starting back up and my old company is asking me to return. However, they haven't shown me anything worth returning to.
      Goodluck luck y'all

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like mentioned above. More load placed on the shoulders of the drilling contractor. We have been operating extremely lean all year. Not only us but the major operator we are working for which announced last week a reduction in work force by 8200 employees by 2023. Both offshore and shore based.

Comment

Cutting the slack from the oilfield it seems. Continuing trend from the past few years.

Way too much wasted money and blown money for the job at hand.

My OG stocks been on the climb. I am hearing from buddies the industry is slowing coming back and will come back before expected

Comment

Hate to read that Fred. Hope your wife can bounce back soon, praying for y’all.

There is a slow upward trend happening in the eagle ford. Had averaged good meetings this week. One customer is bringing on two drilling rigs and 1 more work over. Another is picking up 3-4 more work overs and 2-3 drilling rigs. Hoping this continues across the board.

Comment

More conversations happening lately at least, people are doing their best to try and plan which hasn't been happening the past few months.

We have seen a very slight uptick in work but not enough to bring anyone back, we are down to mostly bare bones in the US facility as of a few months ago.

Happy to be finished with furloughs though, working full time again and being in the office is at least some form of normal.

Hang on guys, things will get better eventually.

Comment

We are looking to add inventory and slowly hiring again. We have grabbed some unexpected work as well as some that was expected to come back

Comment

Our fiscal year ends at the end of this month... worst year in the history of my company, BUT the Lord brought us through enough we have survived and without having to furlough anyone. Praise God! We too have seen a small uptick in orders for small test units as well as some rentals and repairs on older units... We thank God for every order and for every customer!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Our fiscal year ends at the end of this month... worst year in the history of my company, BUT the Lord brought us through enough we have survived and without having to furlough anyone. Praise God! We too have seen a small uptick in orders for small test units as well as some rentals and repairs on older units... We thank God for every order and for every customer!
                    that is an amazing accomplishment in itself!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Well done Charlie!

I have survived, I’m down to 16 of which I have work for about 5 but I can maintain that for a while so that I have a quality team to come back with.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        Well the wife got her lay-off papers an severance today, if y’all could save a prayer for her she’s pretty upset she loved her company and position. If anyone
                        Around Montgomery county is needing admin/secretarial/etc work let me know [emoji1374] [emoji1634]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Hate to hear that. My wife went through the same thing with APC/Oxy recently, but had been planning for it and had done quite a bit of job searching/interviewing. She started her new job Monday at Newpark in The Woodlands, in the same line of work (EA). I'll ask her if she has any leads and can PM ya if she does.

Comment

Picked up a new customer a month or so ago doing a lot of work in Mexico. Other customers have been sending me a decent bit of work, I brought back the guy this week that I had laid off a few months ago. Sure hope I can keep him busy....

Comment

Originally posted by BOZ View Post
                            Hate to hear that. My wife went through the same thing with APC/Oxy recently, but had been planning for it and had done quite a bit of job searching/interviewing. She started her new job Monday at Newpark in The Woodlands, in the same line of work (EA). I'll ask her if she has any leads and can PM ya if she does.

Thanks boss much appreciated!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Picked up a new customer a month or so ago doing a lot of work in Mexico. Other customers have been sending me a decent bit of work, I brought back the guy this week that I had laid off a few months ago. Sure hope I can keep him busy....
                              Glad to hear Mike!

Comment

We just lost our contract with Shell. Couldn't compete with other workboat companies who under bid our dayrate pretty substantially (edison chouest). We go off charter mid November. Hope to pick up work soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X