Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good one

Comment

yummy. smoked wildcat nachos. just brine the meat first.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        This time of yea at least down here I’m using more coyote vocals than anything. Rabbit sounds will bring in more cats than dogs right now. Last coyote I shot was full of cactus tuna seeds. Don’t get me wrong they’ll eat meat but right now it’s not the main part of their diet. Next time start with a howl wait a few minutes than start a pup distress. Bird sounds and mouse squeaks will work also right now. I look at it like trout fishing in the winter. The trout wants a quick small meal compared to something it has to chase. It’s just reverse on a coyote it’s still hot they don’t wanna haul *** and waste a lot of energy. Message me if you wanna talk coyotes
        Thanks for the insight. Last week we ended up calling in a coyote(my first one to call in) and then a bobcat an hour later. I know I have a bunch of coyotes. I’ve called in 5 bobcats since August 30,2017 and my dad killed one last summer as well. I’ve noticed that our black bucks haven’t had any babies survive. I’m guessing the coyotes and bobcats are to blame.

Are there any different sounds I need to download on my foxpro inferno? Or are the stock ones good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
          Thanks for the insight. Last week we end

ed up calling in a coyote(my first one to call in) and then a bobcat an hour later. I know I have a bunch of coyotes. I’ve called in 5 bobcats since August 30,2017 and my dad killed one last summer as well. I’ve noticed that our black bucks haven’t had any babies survive. I’m guessing the coyotes and bobcats are to blame.

Are there any different sounds I need to download on my foxpro inferno? Or are the stock ones good enough?

Im using my fox pro sounds but the Tony tebe stuff is real good as well

Comment

cats

Originally posted by Tye View Post
            It’s a thermal scope by Pulsar.

I was using a FoxPro switching between Baby cottontail, adult cotton tail, eastern cottontail and cagey cottontail(I think that’s what it’s called). What sounds do y’all use for coyotes? I started with coyote howls then switched to cottontail sounds. I’m still trying to figure this predator hunting out
            I've killed more coyotes with coyote pup distress then any other call. I am not sure what it is, but that one works for me. I've tried every rabbit and cottontail known to man and I never have any luck. I also have killed a ton of bobcats using chicken distress

Comment

I was told that the yotes and foxes will generally come to the call before the cats. That has been my experience as well. However, I hardly ever predator hunt so others might be able to offer more info than I.

Comment

AntlerCollector knows a taxidermist

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                  I was told that the yotes and foxes will generally come to the call before the cats. That has been my experience as well. However, I hardly ever predator hunt so others might be able to offer more info than I.
                  I always wait at least 25 minutes in a good coyote spot. My hope for that spot starts dwindling after about 15 minutes. Generally if they're not there in under 15 minutes they ain't coming but not always so I give them a little longer than that.

Foxes show up fast and so do raccoons.

In my experience cats are slow. I'll stay 30-45 minutes on average. An hour if I know for a fact a bobcat is in the area. The fastest I've called up a bobcat and shot it was about 2 minutes. The longest I've waited before one showed up was 49 minutes.

Speaking of raccoons if you haven't called raccoons in you should try it. Set the call away from you before you turn on coon fight. Dang sure don't have it sitting in your lap.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 09-26-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X