Warm Packable Jacket Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm Packable Jacket Suggestions

I'm starting my bi-weekly travels to Idaho for work next week. I'm looking for a packable jacket that will still be super warm. I will only be taking a small duffle bag with me. Looks like the highs will mid 30s for the rest of the month and I assume next month as well.

I was thinking about a jacket that I could wear regularly but could also double as my late season tree stand jacket (thinking Firstlite, Kuiu, Sitka) but not sure if those kinds of jackets will take the beating of being worn that often. (and to sneak by my wife as those jackets are expensive but can justify the price tag if i can wear it all the time)

Do any jackets from those brads fit the bill, or should I be looking at something different.

Any suggestions appreciated.

A Patagonia Nanopuff should do it.

Comment

Why does it need to be packable? Are you flying up there? I would look less at how packable the jacket is and more at how comfortable and warm the jacket is. Especially if I am going to be wearing it daily. I have traveled with large jackets many times on planes with a small duffel bag. Just lay the jacket on top of the duffel with all your other clothes inside the bag. Lay jacket on top of the bag. Velcro handles together. Easy to carry and still fits in over head compartments.

No help on jacket just something to think about. I like a carhart style jacket with a hood for working in temps that low. And that first good cold front that drops temps down in the teens will be making you want a heavier jacket. Lots easier to fit layers under a bulky heavy jacket than a small packable hunting jacket.

Comment

Packable and warm will be some flavor of a down jacket. They can be lighter or really warm. I have one I can’t move much in or it gets hot quick even in the 30s and just a T-shirt underneath

Comment

cabelas has a very nice puffy jacket that's lightweight and warm

Comment

First lite sawtooth.
            Light weight, warm and great for hunting.
            Comes in solid colors.

Comment

Puffy for warmth, a Sitka jetstream for rugged use. I have a moss green one I wear hunting and on the town.

Both are wind proof, which is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
                A Patagonia Nanopuff should do it.

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a like new Large jacket that rocks. I just never need it. Wore maybe 4 times and compresses into its pocket. Its great. I'll give you a great deal if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                    This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First Lite Cirrus
                      Last edited by WTN; 01-22-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                        First a Lite Cirrus
                        This or Kuiu Kenai

Comment

Mountain hardware stretch puffy in grey or green

Comment

I tried a kuiu kenai this year and couldn’t be happier. Not sure how well it’ll hold up but so far so good. Super light and warm and fits like a glove.

Comment

I have a marmot down jacket that packs into its own pocket. Been down to 28 in it with no issues. And you can use it as a pillow!

Comment

Working...
                              X