No announcement yet.

TPWD Resitution and License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any citations the Poaching Game Warden they love on Lone Star Law has issued should be easily defended in court due to his history of being a fellow poacher!! Hello friends of said poaching Game Warden!! Said Poaching Game Warden was/is also a Great Guy....

Comment

Bogus report

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
      Any citations the Poaching Game Warden they love on Lone Star Law has issued should be easily defended in court due to his history of being a fellow poacher!! Hello friends of said poaching Game Warden!! Said Poaching Game Warden was/is also a Great Guy....

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...arges-kept-job

A game warden should never be above the law but sadly some think they are
        You have no idea

Comment

Paid my restitution. Got my paid in full letter. Squared with the state.

I was 1/2" off. If there aint daylight between the ears and antlers it walks in an AR county.

Good on you for sharing Spliff.

Comment

That was a nice deer he poached. Wonder what restitution would be for someone
            who opted out of the stern lecture?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              That was a nice deer he poached. Wonder what restitution would be for someone
              who opted out of the stern lecture?

That poached buck looks about 130 b&c now apply by standard restitution rate
              And the news article stated he attended a ethics session
              Nothing like a double standard

Comment

Sounds like a odd deal for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  Just a stern talking to. That whole outcome still chaps my azz.
                  Here we go on this again. First of all don't post stuff that's not true. I don't know what happened with the restitution on his deer but his fine and classification was the same as people who had done the same thing in recent years (not paying the $48). Not to mention the salary he lost and the fact that he won't be able to hunt public land for the next 20-30 years (sounds like 2 years no hunting for 278" guy). What he did was dumb and illegal, but you gotta admit that's a little different than shooting the state record (or any other deer) on someone else's land at night and then wasting the meat.

Comment

^ A game warden poaching makes it look like it’s okay to violate game laws “because the cops do it too.” Doesn’t matter if it’s a 130 inch or 270 inch deer. They should be held to the same, if not a higher standard.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                      Here we go on this again. First of all don't post stuff that's not true. I don't know what happened with the restitution on his deer but his fine and classification was the same as people who had done the same thing in recent years (not paying the $48). Not to mention the salary he lost and the fact that he won't be able to hunt public land for the next 20-30 years (sounds like 2 years no hunting for 278" guy). What he did was dumb and illegal, but you gotta admit that's a little different than shooting the state record (or any other deer) on someone else's land at night and then wasting the meat.
                      You think a police officer that robs a 7/11 will be working as a cop after the trail?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        ^ A game warden poaching makes it look like it’s okay to violate game laws “because the cops do it too.” Doesn’t matter if it’s a 130 inch or 270 inch deer. They should be held to the same, if not a higher standard.
                        Agree! And he arguably was.

Comment

Given this individual's profession I would have thought there is an official code of conduct he would have agreed to prior to being hired? Given this he should have been terminated for violating the code of ethics he is sworn to uphold IMO. Just my two cents on the GW issue.

Comment

Ok let me explain something on this. The way the media twisted this makes it sound worse than it was. Texas GWs do not have to pay to use state parks. We're if I want to unload my boat in a state park I have to pay a day fee or buy a park pass. This GW along with others believed they were exempt from the $48 permit to hunt the WMA. Deer was tagged. He didn't hide the fact that he hunted the WMA. Nothing shady. I'm guess that's the reason the State didn't it into as big of a deal as they were partially responsible for not making that clear.

Comment

I haven't ever been ticketed by a GW, but from what I have seen in the past the GW's as a rule would not cut a hunter any slack because of their misunderstanding of the game laws. Just sayin
                              Last edited by tps7742; 01-27-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                                I haven't ever been ticketed by a GW, but from what I have seen in the past the GW's as a rule would not cut a hunter any slack because of their misunderstanding of the game laws. Just sayin
                                Yep, ignorance of the law is not an acceptable excuse. I have never been ticketed either, but have hunted/fished with people that got warnings from the GW for minor infractions. Usually depends on the GW and what the offense is.

Comment

Working...
                                X