Bow shop for Recurves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow shop for Recurves

Tomorrow I'm going to take my son to look at getting his first Recurve. Any suggestions on bow shops in my area? I'm willing to drive a couple hours. We have a few shops close by but they don't have a very good selection of trad bows. We are located in Conroe.

No one will have a good selection of trad bows....I would suggest you wait until the weekend after Mothers day and head to Woodville to the Glen Parker Memorial traditional shoot.....

Comment

I love my Sarrels Blueridge. Mr. Sarrels is a site sponsor.

Comment

I second what Mike said. There'll be lots of traditional bows there. The two Great Bob's will be there--Bob Sarrels and Bob Lee.

Comment

Bob will be at Chester I am sure. He is your guy. Also Bob lee and mabe predator bows will show up. Or go to Austin to Bob Sarrels shop if you can't wait. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
            No one will have a good selection of trad bows....I would suggest you wait until the weekend after Mothers day and head to Woodville to the Glen Parker Memorial traditional shoot.....
            That's a great idea. Bob Sarrels of Sarrels Archery will have a boothe there. He makes really cool youth and adult bows. (Don't know how old/big you son is)

Bisch

Comment

Son is 11. He has watched Dad's conversion to Trad bows and wants to get into it as well. I know we could go buy a cheap one for around $100, but I would rather spend more money and get him a good one piece recurve, or maybe even a longbow. He probably needs to have around a 20#.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                Son is 11. He has watched Dad's conversion to Trad bows and wants to get into it as well. I know we could go buy a cheap one for around $100, but I would rather spend more money and get him a good one piece recurve, or maybe even a longbow. He probably needs to have around a 20#.
                Check Sarrels Archery out. His youth bows look just like one of dad's bows, and retail for under $200. Not sure if he makes youth recurves though? Might just be longbows. Give him a call and see.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                  Bob will be at Chester I am sure. He is your guy. Also Bob lee and mabe predator bows will show up. Or go to Austin to Bob Sarrels shop if you can't wait. Arvin
                  I have tomorrow off so I was hoping we could make a trip and get it done then. Austin is a bit farther than I would like to drive, know of anyone a little closer to Conroe?

Comment

Ron Foley of Foley Bows will also be at Chester, May 16-17

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                      I have tomorrow off so I was hoping we could make a trip and get it done then. Austin is a bit farther than I would like to drive, know of anyone a little closer to Conroe?
                      Bob Lee is out in Jacksonville texas, but bob sarrels has great bows

Comment

Just don't go to he big Box store. Cabelos or such .you will be sorry. You can order from Three Rivers Archery also but if you want the real trad experience see on of the bowyers listed above. My two cents. Patience saith the Lord. Arvin
                        Last edited by Selfbowman; 04-30-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Foley's shop is just outside of Groesbeck about 2 hours north of you.

Comment

Look at bear bows, maybe a light weight Kodiak magnum, or one of the samicks, they have different grades. No real sense in buying a $600+ bow for someone who is still growing no matter how nice a bowyer is. The plus with the Samick/takedown style is you can get new limbs as you son grows.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
                              Foley's shop is just outside of Groesbeck about 2 hours north of you.
                              Where abouts Groesbeck is he?
                              Ernie

Comment

Working...
                              X