Some trad questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some trad questions

I have a craigslist app that shows me for sale with the word "archery" and there's a clean Red Wing Hunter, 38# for sale. He started at $275 and keeps lowering the price, now $125. I told him when it's down to $100 to contact me. I feel like the RWH rescue organization here!

It got me thinking it's time to start shooting the other 3 RWHs I have!

One had the fiberglass shatter when it was hanging unstrung! Darnded thing. Ive heard you can get a bow relaminated by a few bowyers. Anybody know who does that? I can't find on the Internet.

Second, my 55# RWH I've hunted with had a twisted upper limb. The string is obviously out of the groove. What's the best way to try and repair- so I don't have 2 bows that need new fiberglass?

Duck season ends in 3 weeks, and I'm going to get seriously back into shooting my bow and archery club shoots- most of my club are trad archers, I'll practice the wheelie bow too, but I want to try to get these others fixed.

Call Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Call Bob
      X2

Comment

I have a buddy that has one of those RWH and it's a great shooter. He had a guy give it to him and he loves it.

Comment

As far as replacing the fiberglasson a bow goes, I am not sure that could be done. The best place I know of to check on that would be on TradGang there is a guy that goes by the name of Whip. He runs a business called the "Bow Hospital". Lots of guys over there talk about having their bows repaired by him. If it can be done, I would expect he could either do it or get you connected with someone who can.

Here is a link to The Bow Hospital web site: http://www.prairietrad.com/page30.html

As far as the twisted limb goes, as long as it is not twisted too bad it can be fixed with a couple clamps and a hiar dryer.

Good luck getting them back in shape!

Bisch
          Last edited by Bisch; 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

You'll have to do a search under Rick Barbee, but he did a pretty good explanation/ proceedure a couple of years back on how to soak/ steam towell the twist out of a recurve limb.

Good luck

Comment

What Bisch said is spot on. Hot water can also help untwist a limb.
              Run hot water, from a kitchen sink, over the twisted limb and gently apply pressure with your hands. Go slightly past center and let it settle back in. might take a few tries.

Comment

Working...
              X