No announcement yet.

Recommendation on hiking boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last pair of boots were Salomon, and they lasted 16 years. I finally had to replace them and got a pair of waterproof Vasque St Elias GTX. Most comfortable boots I’ve ever owned. Required no break in.

Comment

I've got a pair of Asolo Sasslongs that are freakin awesome for summer hikes!

Also have kenetrek Hardscabbles and Mountain Extremes that are a little overkill but worth their weight in gold. I use them hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        These???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I've never seen them in a color that ugly but I think those are them. Lol mine are black and dark green but they look like the same boot as those.

REI has a 1 year return policy. I'd buy them there.

Comment

I had goodluck with both garmonts and oboz boots in my nature walks all over Afghanistan. Both super comfortable pretty quickly and good support.

Comment

I am going to weigh in again and pitch Vasque Breeze. I did my entire AT hike on two pairs and very few blisters (although I attribute some of that to wearing liner socks and Darn Tough socks). Here is what you may not know about Vasque (available at REI). They are owned by Red Wing Boots and they have a one year unlimited warranty. In my case they sent me a brand new pair in New York and all I had to do was throw the old pair in a box and send them back. And as far as breaking in I think I did 16 miles on the new pair that day in New York without any issues.

Regardless what hiking shoe you choose I highly recommend liner socks and a good pair of darn tough’s. You’ll never wear cotton socks again, trust me

Comment

I’ve been looking at Crispi Wyoming’s for an elk hunt. They have some lighter models that would be great hikers. I had a pair of vasque’s that lasted for a long time and were great boots.

Comment

Danner

Comment

Hit the REI in San Antonio or Austin. Boots are a highly personal item and what works for me may not work for you. They are knowledgeable and you can bring them back if you are not happy.

Comment

Probably more boot then you are looking for but been real happy with my Hanwag Chillkats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Solomon Quest 4D II GTX, You're Welcome.

Superb Comfort out of the box, tough, reliable and long-lasting. The first month I had them, I put over 150 miles on them in Colorado. That was 2 years ago. I wear them almost daily for work. I am an Arborist and am in trees, on top of roofs and walk a ton of concrete each day. I am about to buy another pair, but have been waiting to find a good deal where I'll buy two.
                      x2.

Soloman. I didnt have to break them in. They were ready to go.

Comment

I have a pair of Lowa Caminos that are awesome. Taking them to the Davis mountains next week chasing Aoudad.

Comment

I am no help was gonna suggest USMC field boots.

Comment

Working...
                          X