Drone-what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone-what to buy?

I recently had a neighbor show me what a good drone could do. I was pretty impressed and ever since I have been envisioning myself in several ways owning one. My neighbor said he had paid about $1000 for his and then a few hundred in additional stuff like an extra battery, case, insurance etc... so from what I can see that you were able to do with the one he had (Mavic Pro) I was wondering who else has bought one. I’d like to know how you felt about it, price paid and if you had any complaints.

FYI I am not a gamer, Facebook poster, computer Geek looking to impress the world. I’m literally just wanting to fly over deer lease property and my own family lands to inspect for wild life. Possibly may take it to Colorado or on vacations to video. I live in a awesome neighborhood with big lakes and wildlife everywhere. I got 10 acres and would love the idea of just flying my drone up to check my feeders! Lol thanks in advance if anyone shares.

DJI Phantom 3 either model will be perfect for you without breaking the bank. Don't skimp on the case. You'll also need/want to use a tablet with a good processor and plenty of Memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      DJI Phantom 3 either model will be perfect for you without breaking the bank. Don't skimp on the case. You'll also need/want to use a tablet with a good processor and plenty of Memory.
      I’ll look it up! Thanks

Comment

Then you can pay for it by doing some work for commercial or ranch real estate peeps!

Comment

Following

Comment

Would like one to film some hunts think it would be cool to have some exit wound shots.

Comment

Look at the DJI Mavic. I'd almost bet that's what your neighbor has based on the prices you said. The Mavic is really nice.

Comment

I think there is a guy on the GS selling a DJI Maverick.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Mavic Pro and it is an awesome drone and the fact that it folds down was a huge factor over the bulky phantom's. The video quality is incredible.

Comment

A friend has a Phantom Standard 3 ,had awesome Harvey footage. I'd go Mavic Pro.

Comment

Yeah that Mavic is a awesome unit. I looked up a bunch online and the Sony unit I found is usually about $1500 and it’s marked down to just over $1000. It looks like a bad A unit. I think these units would probably be awesome to help finding deer too. Between a dog and a drone you could cover some country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        Phantom 4 has a pretty awesome starter kit on amazon for $899. Case and alll.

Comment

Working...
                        X