No announcement yet.

Problem with duck guide in Seadrift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sounds completly in the right. Might not be the most courtious guy...but he is right. Can't see any reason for ranting. other than you just wish he would be nicer to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      So its the clients fault and they deserve a ruined hunt?
      Not about what the clients deserve, it is about showing the vag guide that it is not okay to set up a blind on top of an existing blind and then remove the decoys like that.

guide should have found another place to build his blind. The OP has even tried to amicably resolve the issue.

Sux for the clients but if they were there and saw the guide remove someone else's deeks and put them in the other existing blind.....maybe they would no longer pay the guide to hunt with him anymore.

I guess I do not understand the etiquette involved with duck hunting but it seems like the wrong thing to do.

Find a different place to build a blind!

You will never get cooperation out of a guide in a case like this.

Comment

That's not cool at all but what can u do ur on Public land?i don't hunt public land for that reason.Hope it works out for u.

Comment

I'm not a duck hunter but marking your spot in advance on a first come first serve situation doesn't seem right either.

Comment

No problem ranting, just beat him to the punch and if he causes a situation at that point, now you got him.

Comment

Set up right next to him and ruin his hunt. And tell him that's how you roll.

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                Not about what the clients deserve, it is about showing the vag guide that it is not okay to set up a blind on top of an existing blind and then remove the decoys like that.

guide should have found another place to build his blind. The OP has even tried to amicably resolve the issue.

Sux for the clients but if they were there and saw the guide remove someone else's deeks and put them in the other existing blind.....maybe they would no longer pay the guide to hunt with him anymore.

I guess I do not understand the etiquette involved with duck hunting but it seems like the wrong thing to do.

Find a different place to build a blind!

You will never get cooperation out of a guide in a case like this.
                Guides following the letter of the law. Etiquette on public land is long gone and not an argument anymore. It also doesn't win anything in court.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                  No problem ranting, just beat him to the punch and if he causes a situation at that point, now you got him.
                  This

Comment

If he is a guide, what he's doing is far from whats right. I work closely with a lot of different guides in this industry and not one of them lack professional or ethical courtesy. If he continues to operate this way he won't be or shouldn't be in this business. We have enough issues battling the battles that face this sport we all love and cherish.

Comment

Sounds like the OP is the first one there everytime. I am sorry but if you take enough time to go out the day before and set up then you deserve that spot. Sounds to me like the lazy quide needs to work harder. Either way I would set up and hunt right next to him. 100 yds is plenty of room between hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Set up right next to him and ruin his hunt. And tell him that's how you roll.
                        Something like that!

Shoot at the ducks before they land or within range or something!

I guess that would be harrassing the guide and breaking the law!

There has to be something to make this dingleberry understand!

If there are blinds involved that cannot be moved then that has to change the game up to a certain degree!

It is just not right!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          So its the clients fault and they deserve a ruined hunt?
                          Nope not their fault...just their poor decision to go with a guide that doesnt show common courtesy to fellow hunters.
                          If they ask why their guide cant put them on ducks or find an area that doesn have neighboring shooters busting up the skies...the answer could be "that's how your guide rolls"

Comment

What he is doing could be looked at different ways by different people. The best thing you can do is like mentioned above, beat him to the spot. The same goes with fishing a certain area. You want that area to fish, be the first one there. I have rode many miles in the dark early in the morning to be at a particular spot to beat the other fisherman. It is truely part of the game.

Comment

Just beat him to the spot in the morning
                              Thats about all you can do I believe

Comment

I dont feel like you can reserve that setup the night before. You need to be the first on there.

What if someone wants to hunt that spot the nigth before? Is it your spot once you leave to go fish?

Comment

Working...
                                X