Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texting unknown people on good luck, congrats, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duarte your mexican you should be used to having people saying high you don't know orale vato mexican salute!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      I noticed there have been a few requests for members to text a friend, family member or coworker on an achievement.

Is this normal now?

I applaude someone wanting to receive hundreds of texts from people they barely know or not know at all.

As for me, I could not do that to a friend, family member or coworker.

Am I wrong for thinking this???

Congrats to the Marine leaving this week.
      I find it strange as well.

Comment

When my daughter turned 16 in June, I thought long and hard about it. Started about a week before her birthday. At first I was in easy uneasy about it. The more I thought about it the more I remembered that the people on this site are my family. And if you know 16 yo girls, their life revolves around text and their phone. So I posted the morning of her BD, before she even got up. She came down stairs with the biggest smile on her face. That's when I knew, I had done the right thing.

Brian

Comment

Who cares. So many real things to worry about in life.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
            In my opinion, I think people are crazy posting other people's cell phone number on the Internet for the world to see, especially their own wife/girlfriend. Sure it is a great gesture and there are a lot of great people on here, but there are also thousands of people that nobody on here knows plus an unknown amount of people that just lurk. Eventually, if it hasn't already happened, somebody will start receiving inappropriate texts.
            I agree with this , but that's just my opinion !

Comment

I personally don't care for it. I also don't care for making posts on FB with your current location. Not saying anyone would do this but some theives are pretty smart and may pick up the fact that your not home.....

Comment

While I think it's a nice gesture if you know the recipient will enjoy getting all the texts, I have often wondered about posting cell numbers online. I had only posted mine online once many years ago and have been plagued with spam ever since. Now whenever I need to post my number, I spell out some of the numbers so it can't be picked up by whatever program it is they use to scan for phone numbers online. I don't know if that works or not, but maybe someone else who knows better can offer more insight.

Comment

Working...
                X