Cajun Turkey Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cajun Turkey Recipe

Anyone have any good Cajun Turkey Recipes?

Time for firecpt. to chime in or cajun Blake. I would bet they would have one. I would be interested also in a good recipe.

Comment

several options for your Bird Day feast

here are my suggestions:

1. Fried Turkey - simple to do and incredibly good , see other TBH recipe threads on "how to"

2. traditional baked Turkey , generously injected with Cajun Marinade and sprinkle cajun seasoning on top

3. Turducken or Boneless Turkey full of stuffing.

-go to you2be and search for videos listed by " atlantabutcher " . There is a simple 4 part video on how to make a boneless turkey / chicken and make a Turducken. - see video below ... pt 1 of 4

the Turducken is very time consuming but worth it in the long run. If you have the patience and know how to use a kitchen knife, anyone can do it .

you can also go with a boneless Turkey and stuff it

I recommend stuffing with a shrimp or crawfish casserole (jambalaya) , or boudin.

also go to you2be and type in " cajun turkey " for many results

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
      I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

send me a PM if you need assistance as as I'll help anyone with my suggestions
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Sorry that I haven't replied before now but, I've been out of state hunting.
        I use either that same things that CB mentioned above or, I mix my own.
        I use 1 stick of real butter, 1 cup of soy sauce, 2 tbl sp garlic powder, 2 tbl sp onion powder, 1/2 tsp red pepper. Melt the butter in the soy sauce and then mix the other ingredients.
        After injecting turkey, I rub Tony Chachere's inside and outside. I place celery stalks and sliced onions inside
        I trying the oiless fryer for tomorrows bird.

Comment

Well cpt are you stuffed still from yesterday ? We certainly are. Tell us how your oil le4ss turkey turned out..... I am curious. Thanks, Stay safe...

Comment

Yes I am stuffed to the gills. The turkey came out great. It was just as crispy as if it had been fried in oil and super moist. I injected this one with about 12-14oz of Creole Butter marinade and covered it, inside and out, with Tony Chachere's, then rubbed olive oil on the skin. I'm already planning to try a pork roast over a deer roast next week. I had borrowed this oiless fryer but, now I'm buying it from my friend, she's going thru a divorce and doesn't need it now that it's just her.

Comment

Working...
            X