pulled pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulled pork

I smoked two butts for my daghter in laws birthday and this is the results.Eight hours on the smoker and eight hours wrapped up in the oven at 250 degrees was perfect.I have been smoking briskets for over 20 years and never tried a pork butt till this year. I don`t know if i`ll ever smoke a brisket again because these smoked butts are awsome.There is a lot less waste on pork butts to.A 10lb. brisket will probably have 3lbs. of fat or more and a butt will have about half of that.

That looks like it was awesome! What did you use for your rub? Did you make any sauce to top it off, or did you just eat it dry?

Comment

I used some brisket rub that I had gotten at walmart but I added quite of brown sugar to it.I also put mustard on it before the rub.Here is the recipe for my bbq sauce.
      Barbecue Sauce:
      1 cup apple cider vinegar
      1 cup ketchup
      3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
      1 tablespoon yellow mustard
      1 tablespoon molasses
      1 teaspoon salt
      1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
      1/2teaspoon black pepper
      I let it come to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. I usually double the recipe and put it in a ketchup bottle to store it in .

Comment

OK... now do you want to take it to the next level?

With the pulled pork from 10# of butts add on jar of this:

and 1/2 jar of HEB Central Market Tropical Habanero sauce. Sorry, no picture.

It's just slap your mama good.

Comment

No thanks, I think I will stick to the level I am on. It sounds a little to exotic for my taste.

Comment

Working...
          X