No announcement yet.

2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of bugs are these and how do I kill them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

Cucumber beetles. Sevin dust should take care if them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The other one looks like a stink bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I did put seven dust on them. Hopefully that will take care of the stink bug looking one too. Found eggs under the leaf. Cut it and took a torch to it

Comment

Our pomegranate is finally producing some fruit after 5 years of waiting.

Comment

^^^Pomegranate will be awesome!!^^^

Comment

Same bugs 2 weks ago...and after 5 years of organic gardening i had to get and use some 7 dust to take care of them. (It was a sad day in our household). The natural stuff just wasn't working. Spent way more on the "natural halal organic homeopathic stuff" last year than we recouped in the vegatables that survived the infestation

Comment

Rookie mistake planting the garden. Plants are too close and the tomatoes are starting to take over. the peppers need more space. additionally, I planted zucchini and cucumbers that again are too close. The plants are starting to grow into each other.

What know?? I can trim the tomatoes back some but what about the zucchini and the cucumbers?? Look at post 409 for a pic. I will get better pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Rookie mistake planting the garden. Plants are too close and the tomatoes are starting to take over. the peppers need more space. additionally, I planted zucchini and cucumbers that again are too close. The plants are starting to grow into each other.

What know?? I can trim the tomatoes back some but what about the zucchini and the cucumbers?? Look at post 409 for a pic. I will get better pics tomorrow.
                    Deal with it this year, and adjust next year. Year to year, I’m constantly adjusting rows and spacing.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      Deal with it this year, and adjust next year. Year to year, I’m constantly adjusting rows and spacing.
                      Agreed. Let it roll. It can actually be beneficial sometimes once it gets hot

Comment

Zucchini and calabasita looking good. Calabasita and cucumber growing into each other...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 05-09-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Zucchini
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

I would trim the bottom 12” of branches and suckers to keep air flow moving. I would also prune suckers off the indeterminate tomatoes and let them trellis up. Zuc will be done here soon but tomatoes go for several months.

Comment

My cucumbers are starting to grow over the arch

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                                My cucumbers are starting to grow over the arch

Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X