Hand cranked meat grinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand cranked meat grinder?

This will be for occasional use - I don’t process my own deer or make sausage but I like to grind up lean meat (beef or venison) to make small batches of snack sticks. Looking on Amazon they range from a cheapo version for $25 to some that cost $300-$400. Any suggestion of brand/model that would suffice for my purposes?

Does your wife have a kitchen aid mixer? The grinder attachment isn’t too bad when you just have 1 deer at a time.

Comment

I'd rather buy a cheap less than $100 electric than hand grind anything....plus you don't have to mount the electric to anything to stabilize it.

Comment

Save yourself the trouble. Harbor freight has a small electric grinder for less than $100.

I had one from Walmart that I got on clearance for about $60 that I used on probably 20 deer and one heifer. It worked fine til I jabbed a bamboo spoon down in it ��

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          Save yourself the trouble. Harbor freight has a small electric grinder for less than $100.

yup.... good call for as much as he wants to do. ... good reviews too. I bet the 20% off coupon works on it as well.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Even more of the 'save yourself some trouble', let the butcher do it!

Pretty easy to thaw out a 1 lb bag of burger.

I have an electric grinder. Broke the cutter last time I used it. Made a quick trip to the local butcher so they could grind the rest.

I was shocked at how little they charges & they packaged it, a part that I hate.

Haven't used my grinder since.

Comment

Cheap grinders will do 1-2 deer a year for years. Dont even bother with a hand crank grinder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I had wondered if the electrics priced <$100 would hold up. Sounds like that’s the way I need to go

Comment

Had and used a Hand cranked one for about 55y..Done several tons of meat...deer hogs beef....A couple years ago I bought a LEM 3/4 hp....WOW !! if deer is cubed up and cold it takes about 10m... Best Money I ever spent...just why did it take me so Long?

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    Had and used a Hand cranked one for about 55y..Done several tons of meat...deer hogs beef....A couple years ago I bought a LEM 3/4 hp....WOW !! if deer is cubed up and cold it takes about 10m... Best Money I ever spent...just why did it take me so Long?
                    Tons?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Thanks for the advice. I had wondered if the electrics priced <$100 would hold up. Sounds like that’s the way I need to go
                      I have sunmile sm-g73 for 1.5 years now. $85 on amazon. Can't complain - nice speed/power, steady accessories, easy cleanup. But loud as hell.

Comment

20 years ago I paid $20 for an Enterprise #10 hand crank grinder from an antique store. Did four deer and two show pigs worth this year. Last year was a big year as well. It's not fun, but for $1 a year it sure works.

Comment

I have both, I often grab the hand crank but not for red meat. We use it on shrip, crab, and vegtables to make crab balls, or some type of ground seafood cake, ball you batter and fry.

Much easier to clean also than an electric and if you have it in the right spot can be a decorative piece when not in use.

As far as brand get one the antique ones. The newer one i had did not do anything but make a paste out of the meat. It was cast aluminum.

Comment

I have one you can have.

Comment

One in the classifieds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X