Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever they pay Dak today will seem cheap in a few years. Dude is good and not going to be easy to replace.....sign him and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Absolutely NOTHING about this makes any sense, whatsoever, in the NFL.

If you overpay, you overpay the most important human in the organization. You have a top 15ish guy on the planet now at the hardest position to find IN SPORTS. He will be around top 11-12 by virtue of retirement in 3 years if he doesn’t improve at all.

Role players are called that for a reason, in 3 years they’ll want to be payed, thus making them not role players. You don’t pay ROLE PLAYERS!

All the “long term guys” you’ve mentioned so far we’re over payed when they were mid pack...

I am going to bow out at this point, so as not to go down a wrong road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I’ll leave it at this it hampers the team more than it will ever help. No option is a good one as a fan, but if you think he’s the best option and worth that money i won’t change your mind. For all the guys you mention retire there will be several that leap frog into that roll. Nothing dak has done has showed progression in fact it’s been the opposite. So while I’ll agree with the market sets the pay I’ll disagree in paying it, especially with there being another season left on the contract to evaluate.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by Tom View Post
        whatever they pay Dak today will seem cheap in a few years. Dude is good and not going to be easy to replace.....sign him and move on.
        Facts state Otherwise

How long do you keep the past two season dak as your franchise q.b?
        Last edited by drop dead fred; 08-11-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Of QBs that started in more than 14 games (24 total) daks threw 22 tds that puts him 16/24.... or the bottom 1/3 of the league sorry if i just don’t see the reason to pay him 35 mil no matter if it’ll be “cheap” 3 years from now...

Let’s not forget coopers going to want 20 per also

Comment

I wonder what the 8th and 10th best ranked QBs would have looked like on the Cowboys the last two years..

Or 5th and 7th..

Comment

I personally wouldn’t use TDS as the barometer for a good QB. Especially when you have 3 all pro offensive lineman and a generational talent in the backfield.

Efficiency would be a better benchmark IMO. Eye test, however being subjective, usually doesn’t steer you wrong.

I personally don’t like having to pay Dak 30+ for his talent because it sets the bar for mediocre QBs, but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dak’s agent knows it too.

Comment

I’m in the hold off mode and let Dak show me his down field accuracy has improved with Kitnas help. Focus on Zeke if Dak won’t take the offer now. If Dak improves, pay him. If he hasn’t, Jerry is not going to get his Super Bowl anyway so move on.

It could be contract terms and not the money amounts over the term. Guaranteed money is a big factor in today’s big contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  I personally wouldn’t use TDS as the barometer for a good QB. Especially when you have 3 all pro offensive lineman and a generational talent in the backfield.

Efficiency would be a better benchmark IMO. Eye test, however being subjective, usually doesn’t steer you wrong.

I personally don’t like having to pay Dak 30+ for his talent because it sets the bar for mediocre QBs, but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dak’s agent knows it too.
                  Prety much sums it up, I think the Cowboys can win with Dak as long as he has Zeke, O line, Number one receiver, and a really really good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    Prety much sums it up, I think the Cowboys can win with Dak as long as he has Zeke, O line, Number one receiver, and a really really good defense.

He won’t have all that if he gets the number he wants...that’s the problem

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

They can gamble and get all of those guys signed, ( kicking the can down the road ) if it gets them a ring or two then it was worth it, if it does not then back to the late 90's and 2000's.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          They can gamble and get all of those guys signed, ( kicking the can down the road ) if it gets them a ring or two then it was worth it, if it does not then back to the late 90's and 2000's.
                          So you’re going to gamble the organization crumbling back into the Quincy carter days on DAK getting us 1-2 Super Bowls.... oh joy

Comment

Forget about Dak and Zeke for a minute. How did the Rookie Safety from ATM look?
                            Is he expected to make the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              Forget about Dak and Zeke for a minute. How did the Rookie Safety from ATM look?
                              Is he expected to make the team?

Who?

If you don't think we know you know he got an interception in the first preseason game, I've got some ocean property to sell you.

It's the first preseason game. He's a 6th round pick. He got an int.... Who knows

Comment

I really hope the cowboys do not toss every dime at Dak and Zeke and loose Cooper. He is going to be and currently is one of the most dominate receivers out there and he's only 24. we have a lot of prime time left in him and he has had zero off field issues Zeke on the other hand can't keep his name out of the headlines if his career depended on it. Jerry can only save his rear end so many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X