2017 Ford Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    I have four-wheel-drive TSS trucks here.
    Huh. What's the TSS package then, stepped down TRD? I can't find any good info on the Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas10Ring View Post
      I've owned two.......there won't be a third !

Why is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Huh. What's the TSS package then, stepped down TRD? I can't find any good info on the Google.

It's like saying it's a lariat. It's just a different package. Like trd, trd pro.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D94uZPKQcA

Here's a new Monster Energy promo video with a Baja truck.For your viewing pleasure.

DJ

That's badarse right there. Would love to be able to drive that truck just one time. Of course where no one is so they don't get hurt-lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2016 Tundra has the TSS system and is 4WD. I'm honestly still not sure what the TSS thing is.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              My 2016 Tundra has the TSS system and is 4WD. I'm honestly still not sure what the TSS thing is.
              Ha! Same here. I just bought a 2017 a couple weeks ago. I think it's just a bunch of minor "upgrades" randomly applied. Like floor mats, exhaust tip, different rim/tire configurations etc.

Comment

Ford was the only company to run the Baja 1000 without any modifications to their trucks besides tires. Granted I think only one finished. Mighty impressive for bone stock.

Toyota ran a couple, however they redesigned the suspension, and they took 1st and second in the prerunner class I believe.
                Add a little perspective.

They averaged 23 mph and just barely finished under the time limit.17 seconds to spare.I imagine for marketing purposes the intent was to finish and not necessarily go fast.
                The winner of the class(Stock Full Sized Truck) beat them by 4 hours in a Hummer.
                The winner of Class 11 STOCK VW Bug beat them by 4 hours with a time penalty.

The overall winner(Trophy Truck) beat them by over 17 hours(with a time penalty) with an average speed of just over 50 mph.

DJ

Comment

Wow! buncha belly achin' round here...Don't talk about my truck!, I don't wanna play anymore....buncha p........

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                      Add a little perspective.

They averaged 23 mph and just barely finished under the time limit.17 seconds to spare.I imagine for marketing purposes the intent was to finish and not necessarily go fast.
                      The winner of the class(Stock Full Sized Truck) beat them by 4 hours in a Hummer.
                      The winner of Class 11 STOCK VW Bug beat them by 4 hours with a time penalty.

The overall winner(Trophy Truck) beat them by over 17 hours(with a time penalty) with an average speed of just over 50 mph.

DJ
                      Lol, yeah, I agree w/ marketing. Also, I think there were 4 new Raptors, but only 1 finished. I could be wrong.

I still say if a bone stock truck can make it that's pretty awesome. There is a video of Ken Block out there doing 70+ mph over some 1 and 2' sand drifts. It's impressive how much that suspension can soak up.

Comment

Lol, yeah, I agree w/ marketing. Also, I think there were 4 new Raptors, but only 1 finished. I could be wrong.

I still say if a bone stock truck can make it that's pretty awesome. There is a video of Ken Block out there doing 70+ mph over some 1 and 2' sand drifts. It's impressive how much that suspension can soak up.
                        Yep,just to finish is a big deal,21 Trophy Trucks didn't finish,to include the one in the video I posted.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                          The finished tundra.
                          What kind of fender flares are those?

Comment

ill be happy to sell someone my '11 like new since it's never been off the highway... Rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                              ill be happy to sell someone my '11 like new since it's never been off the highway... Rofl
                              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                                What kind of fender flares are those?

Procomp fender flares. You have to install them with a lift kit

Comment

Working...
                                X