Chaparrel WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparrel WMA

I got picked for the Chaparrel WMA hunt for Jan 7-11.
    Anyone have any experience with the area or know where the hot spots are?

i got seleted a few years back and they have a little section high fenced in the back corner......they put my father and i in that tract, saw tons of deer and got a nice 9 pointer, great ranch though lots of bucks harvested while i was there

Comment

Isn't the entire WMA high-fenced?
      Do they assign your compartment/blind or do you choose?

Comment

My son and I are headed down there at the end of January for the management buck hunt. Let us know how you do!

Comment

James,
          If you have the time, I'd really like to hear more info from you about both Kerr & Chaparrel since you've been to both. My email is dtrojcak@gmail.com

Thanks,
          Dennis

Comment

email sent denowt.........and yea the ranch is high fenced but in the back is a 300-400 acre section fenced off

Comment

yeah I think its called the Mare pasture..... My father in law and I both killed P & Y bucks there in 2003. Father in laws was a 12 that went 140. we hunted next to Wallace pond on the N jay pasture right on N high fence. I saw 6 shooter bucks. Found 3 scrapes and a rub and scrape line that was 1/2 a mile long. Was a hunny hole. When they start allowing bowhunters to shoot trophy bucks again ... I will put in for Chap again. Drawn for Matador this year. Later Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X