Clay target slinger receiver mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening weekend made it clear I needed to improve my skills but I hated my thrower. Always jumping out of the ground and having to bend over an all. Took some of my new found spare time and some material kindly donated by Zookeeper and built this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	25126139

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is Awesome.

Comment

very cool

Comment

great idea

Comment

Pretty handy. Sit on the tailgate, drink cold shiner, and shoot clays... Im in.

Comment

Great minds think alike.

I built one similar a few years back. We've enjoyed it quite a bit. It helps pass the time when birds aren't flying.

Last edited by Gummi Bear; 09-08-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Just watch that arm as it comes around... thats looks almost at knutcracker hieght

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I worked on finding a design I liked for a year or so, stumbled onto one of those red plastic handheld jobs at academy and discovered that I wasn't tired from a day at the range including throwing and all. Reloading that spring arm just wore me out, so it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                  Great minds think alike.

I built one similar a few years back. We've enjoyed it quite a bit. It helps pass the time when birds aren't flying.

I made something similar for mine too. It helps when you set them up a ways from you. Made the carts with removable handles so they can fit in a 2" receiver hitch.These are remotely operated.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    Just watch that arm as it comes around... thats looks almost at knutcracker hieght

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Valid point

Mine doesn't recoil cery much. It is a really old thrower. My Grandpa bought it in the 60's, and had it mounted on his welding rig. He was a traveling pipeliner, so shooting some clays was his evening entertainment.

I remember pulling it back and loading it for him and my Dad before I was old enough to shoot a shotgun.

He gave it to me back in the 90's, and I elected to refinish it, and built this mount.

I wanted to make it far enough out that you could sit on the tailgate and comfortably operate it, and still be out of harms way.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                    X