New Years hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years hunt!

This is the second year in a row that myself, my fiancé, and two other tbh members have met up for a duck hunt in Oklahoma. This year my fiancé had another woman in the group instead of three guys as one member brought his girlfriend. All I can say is northern Oklahoma was COLD January 1st. 3 degrees at sunrise! Never have I had snot freeze in my mustache. And after an hour of putting out decoys my entire mustache was frozen. We hunted the first morning in a goose field that had about 10k birds in it the day before. As luck would have it, they changed fields but we managed to scratch a few birds and my fiancé bagged her first speckled bellys. (The main goose I was after and haven’t shot!)

I will say that I am proud of her for grinding through single digit weather until noon as we finished and picked up nearly 1000 decoys.

That night we cooked and hung out, catching up and sharing stories. We even got to sleep in the next morning as this hunt was in a dry field of harvested Milo and green heads were the target.

I’ll have to say that this was one of the top 2 duck hunts I’ve ever been on. Probably number one. It started at 2:30 as birds wanted in as we put out decoys and they just kept coming. This was my first time to hunt ducks in a field and I honestly could care less about wading again! Lol. We ended with a 6 man limit and the pics speak for themselves! Can’t wait for the next hunt with great friends that I met on tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenheads for days. Congrates

Comment

Awesome man. Love the greenheads.

Comment

I wanna go

Comment

From sky to table!

Comment

Awesome!