Tip weight vs spine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip weight vs spine

If I have an arrow that I have shot bare shaft and I know it is too stiff can I add more tip weight to make the arrow fly correctly?

So basically , can more tip weight counter act too stiff of an arrow?

Thanks in advance guys!

Yes

Comment

Alright thank you! And can anyone tell me which would be stiffer a 29 in xx75 2413 which is supposed to have a spine of .365 or an arrow with a spine of .500 that has been cut to 27 inches?

Comment

One other quick question guys, bare shaft I have an arrow that impacts with the nock to the right of the tip with a 125 gr point and when I tried a 250 it's not near as harsh, with feathers would this work itself out? Or should I look for new arrows?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I paper tune and do not bare shaft tune so I cannot help you much on that one.

As far as spine and tip weight goes; for any given shaft you can ADD point weight to weaken the spine or you can LOWER point weight to stiffen the shaft.

Bisch

Comment

When bare shafting , you are only concerned with impact point compared to an identical fletched arrow.

The 2413 will be much stiffer than the carbon at any length due to the initial spine difference.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I was just trying to save some money by seeing if the shafts I had would work before I look into new arrows for 60-80 bucks!

Comment

What are your bow specs? I might be able to hook you up with a deal on a dozen shafts.

Comment

Amo 60"

And I'm drawing 41-43 lbs at 26 inches.

Comment

I have some Carbon Express 20/40 shafts. 30" brand new in package. $55 tyd

I shoot these arrows from 45 -50 lbs on my bows with excellent flight. You could shoot them with up to 175 gr point with factory insert (15gr) giving you 190 up front. I hunt with them using 150 gr BH and a total arrow weight in the 390"s with 20% FOC

Comment

As I recall, the rule of thumb is each additional 35gr of point weight reduces spine by 5#. Of course that probably also varies with the length of your arrow...and possibly your thumb.

Comment

I appreciate the offer but if these arrows I have don't work then I will just have to buy already fletched arrows. If I just get shafts then I still have the buy the jig and feathers, thanks for the offer though!
                          Last edited by whitetailtrail; 06-08-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

You should be able to get the .500's to fly alright with some heavy points. 175- 200 should make them fly ok.

Comment

I think I will definitely go with the .500's!

Comment

Working...
                              X