Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they shipped me a free gun, but now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
    Document and get phone records then contact a lawyer to speak on your behalf. Don't wait because they don't play regarding the ATF. As simple as this communication failure is it's your word against theirs and theirs is backed by big Government.
    A lawyer will cost much more than $218. Trust me. I know. If you don't have the cash freed up now, and can't seem to get it straightened out, I would sent the loader back and buy one from another company when it is in the budget and in the same caliber as your components. I am not one to live by the feud, but many do. There was a screw up--big time--but not sure you can do much with the manufacturer.
    Last edited by RR 314; 08-25-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

What gun?

Comment

I would pay for the gun. I would not have taken the original persons explanation of "dont worry keep it" either. Pay it and move on or send it back. Its not your and its not worth the headache.

Comment

Send it back. WE are talking about an item that obviously a sticky subject. YES.......they would make it right with some gift cards, coupons, etc but I would not be playing games with this issue.

Comment

They wont be reporting anything on that rifle to the ATF as it is a Muzzleloader and qualifies as a antique replica. Therefore not regulated by the ATF. They are just trying to bully you to give it back. I highly doubt they can or even will report it to your credit. In Texas in order for a contract to be valid, there must be consideration. Since no money changed hands S&W is screwed.
            Last edited by Samson; 08-25-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Since when is a ML considered a firearm? No 4473, no ATF.

Its the same thing as a bow.

Comment

I'd send them a thank you letter asking for the return postage label. Make sure to tell them your T/C shoots a lot better.........

You do not have to pay for unsolicited items sent to you, and you're not required to return them, but I'm not sure the rifle would be considered unsolicited?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  I would pay for the gun. I would not have taken the original persons explanation of "dont worry keep it" either. Pay it and move on or send it back. Its not your and its not worth the headache.
                  But it is his, it was "gifted" to him by SG. Ownership was exchanged the moment they, SG, said he could keep it.

Comment

You know what the right thing to do is. Don't talk yourself out of it. Pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                      But it is his, it was "gifted" to him by SG. Ownership was exchanged the moment they, SG, said he could keep it.
                      It wasn't SG to give away. This site amazes me at times with all the people that want and more importantly EXPECT something for free or get upset when a company tries to fix an honest mistake. Someone made a mistake and he received and gun he never paid for. Seems like an easy fix. Pay for the gun and keep it.

Comment

It wasn't SG to give away. This site amazes me at times with all the people that want and more importantly EXPECT something for free or get upset when a company tries to fix an honest mistake. Someone made a mistake and he received and gun he never paid for. Seems like an easy fix. Pay for the gun and keep it.
                        wow what a distortion. Appreciate that.

If this is such an easy fix, I can send you my mailing address where you can mail me a check for the money that I no longer have--as far as they are concerned.

Yeah, I can probably scrape up the money and get it taken care of, but it's the principle of paying for someone else's screwup.

This was a retail/supplier error, not a retail/consumer error.
                        Last edited by woodsman; 08-25-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Tell S&W to contact SG. You ordered it from them and they ordered it from S&W. You cancelled your order and SG obviously didn't cancel theirs. You contacted SG and they said keep it. SG owes S&W not you.

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                            What gun?
                            This is what I would have probably said!!!
                            All I got, if you must send it back, go on and use up everything you have bought for it, but don't clean it. Then send it back!!!

Comment

He didn't order the gun from Smith&Wesson. His dealings are with SG. I'd be contacting SG about S&W wanting payment.

Let SG take the heat for not communicating with S&W.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                                wow what a distortion. Appreciate that.
                                That wasn't really directed at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X