Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowhunting South Dakota??? Any experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting South Dakota??? Any experiences?

After another very successful Houston Chapter SCI Banquet last night I walked away with quite a few toys & a hunt. Regrettably the moose, wolf, black bear hunt blew past my $8,500 bid rather quickly!
    Anyway, I was the high bidder on a PHEASANT hunt in South Dakota as a THANK YOU gift to my buddy Mike in Kansas! He just loves bird hunting but has never been on a traditional pheasant hunt with a outfitter. He has been having some health problems over the last 3-4 years and I really wanted to let him know I truly appreciate his friendship. Well, he is going now...........www.pheasantcity.com
    The kicker is the Pheasant City Lodge folks added a bowhunting whitetails option to this trip for just a nominal fee. Any TBHers have any experience in South Dakota?

I usually go for opening weekend Pheasant hunting and it is a blast. We shoot prairie dogs the day before the opener but I have not hunted deer up there. I have seen some monster deer out in the cornfields while hunting. I hunt about 60 or so miles north of the lodge you show. Enjoy you will have a blast.

Comment

I bowhunted SD last year...lots of nice deer and a ton of public land to hunt!

Comment

My brother drew an archery tag last year and we went pheasant hunting in the afternoons and he deer hunted every morning and some afternoons. He saw a few real nice deer. That was in Kimball. 70 miles south of Wessington. Here is a picture of a deer they have on camera from this year. The date is wrong.
        Attached Files

Comment

Booyah! I knew some TBHers would be able to share some insight. I gotta believe there are some monsters coming outta that country.

Comment

I filmed a hunt at C & D outfitters up there a few years ago. We hunted lopes, mulies and Whitetails. I would go in a heartbeat!

Comment

Is super late season better? I'am talking HEATER BODY SUIT temps with 2-3 feet of snow. Thoughts?

Comment

Have several hunting industry friends that hunt there and they have killed some giant bucks with some being in velvet. They typically start a corn pile and put cameras on them till they find a deer they want to chase. Don't be afraid to hunt near open country as they said the deer will come from miles.

Comment

I have good friends in Gregory. They kill big deer every year!

Comment

I have friends in Hill City in the Black hills. I would love to have the time to get up there and bow hunt.

Comment

Attempting to figure out if I should do the pheasant/whitetail bowhunt this year or wait until next since it can be taken in 2014 or 2015'. I have so many hunts this year already planned..........really would like to take Mike this year if really late season is good for birds and also bowhunting.

Comment

Daggum! I sent them an email early yesterday but no response yet. It would be great if I could go this year.

Comment

I went pheasant hunting a few years ago and before we got there another guy deer hunted. He killed a buck with a huge body but horns were just ok. He was tickled pink though. Gun kill. That's all I know.

Comment

Working...
                          X