Trad hunt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad hunt???

I am wanting to go on some sort of a hunt next year.. I want it to be a trad hunt and for something other than deer. I have been to africa twice so i kinda want to hunt some stuff over here b4 i try going back to africa.. Anyone have any suggestions?? I was thinking something that i can hunt multiple animals... Maybe elk, mule deer and a bear tag.. I dont know tho.. ANyone have any suggestions???

Pronghorn/mule deer you can be hunting before all the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      Pronghorn/mule deer you can be hunting before all the rest of us
      What state would you look at for this combo?

Comment

wyoming and colorado I believe, not positive the seasons overlap though

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          What state would you look at for this combo?
          I don't really know all the seasons, etc. but when I posted I was thinking wyoming, montana, or alberta.

Comment

I hunted bear in Alberta when I used wheeel bows and you could get moose, bear, elk and mule deer tags. Game was plentifull and sucess rates were good. Far northern Alberta along the Pease River.

Comment

Check out Sam's Idaho story a little while back. Can get OTC Deer, Elk, and Bear tags. Closest thing I know of as to hunting the old way. Meaning, sneaking around and shooting the first thing you see. Bout the only way to do it that I know of.

Sam spoke of wanting to get a trad hunt together this coming year. If you guys are down, so am I.

Comment

See if this works.

Comment

For a cheaper hunt that requires less skill, I would do a javelina hog hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                    For a cheaper hunt that requires less skill, I would do a javelina hog hunt.
                    Ha I've killed plenty of those. I want something cool

Comment

Have you hunted caribou yet?
                      They are a fun trad hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        Have you hunted caribou yet?
                        They are a fun trad hunt
                        No sir I haven't. About how much does a caribou hunt cost not including airfare??? I'm hoping to keep whatever hunt I choose around or under 4000$

Comment

I have tried to do a couple of combo hunts and they never seem to work out so good. In Wyoming, the good pronghorn and mule deer were not the same location...two half hunts meant less quality and felt rushed on the first half.

Pronghorn is a fun hunt with a very high chance of success, if you have not done one of those...and early so you don't miss any of your normal hunting.

I had a blast on my caribou hunt, and would do one of those again, it is however more hit and miss depending on the herd. The cool part is it is different than almost anything else.

A bear hunt over bait is also a high success chance and pretty cool if you have not done one of those.

Elk, mule deer, moose, I have found to be fun, but the chance of success on a big'un to much less ( I did eventually get a mule deer on the third try)

I think you should pick one a organize a TBH group trad hunt.

Comment

I would Love to do a Pronghorn Trad Hunt, Keep me in the loop on this on please

Comment

Idaho is a great place , if you want any info send me a PM,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                              X