So close yet so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So close yet so far...

Long time ago when I laid down the rifle for the compound I was told that the first time i saw a big buck at 100yards I would regret it. It happened and I didn't regret it. So far this weekend I've had three big pigs at layup compound range but out of my self imposed longbow range but I am not regretting the switch-it will be that much sweeter when it finally happens. Patience is a virtue, right?

Patience grasshoppa, patience. You're doing the right thing. It's the hunt, not the kill.

Comment

Whatever gets that blood pumpin... and when that stops it's time to put that weapon down and get another out!

Comment

How true this is. The rewards are so worth the wait.

Comment

It will be worth the wait John.

Comment

Trust me. Well worth the wait.
            I'm a few miles south of you and I'm waiting too, just not on my first.

Comment

100 yards that is my longbow range. That is why I only hunted compound for three years, before the switch back to recurve and now R/D longgow. Actually 100 yards is a bit out of my range.

Comment

It'll happen and when it does it will be worth all the effort and hard work.

Comment

Go get them John

Comment

Keep after 'em John! It will happen and you really won't look back then.

Bisch

Comment

I can only echo everyone else's response.

Comment

I setup for very close shots (5-15 yards) and i usually can't see past 30 yards. Therefore almost every deer i see is in range. Setting up in this way, i do not feel limited by shooting a recurve.

Comment

Working...
                        X