Carbon express pile drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon express pile drivers?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with these arrows? I spined a buck in October and the arrow blew to pieces. All I could find was slivers of carbon and the flecthings, not one piece of solid shaft. The broadhead was sticking out of the opposite side with the insert still attached. I ended up shooting the buck again to put him down. This time the shot went from the top of the rib cage straight through the heart. No spine, no shoulder blade, just ribs. That arrow blew apart about 6 inches up from the insert. I understand weird things happen and the shot was not ideal. I still have my concerns though. Anyone have any experiences or was this just a freak thing? I do plan on sticking a few pigs after muzzleloader to test them. The picture is where the broadhead stuck through the opposite side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No but I’m interested now...

Comment

I use them almost exclusively. I have not experienced the problem you mentioned. I did have one break when I skipped it off a paver block on top of my Block target. The front of the shaft still had enough energy to go through a sheet of T111(the side of my shed) and ended up inside. The back of the shaft flew in the air and landed on top of the shed. I call that one my fault. I shot a bear with one this summer, it was a complete pass through and the arrow ended up sticking in a tree root. The broad head was bent but the arrow shaft was fine.

Hugh

Comment

I used a dozen for hog hunting (heavier, cheaper than my regular CE arrows). They held up well. Shot about 25 hogs on my trinity river hog lease with a dozen. Lost a few, big boars broke off a few running through the woods. But I was happy with them. But quality control is unknown. They could have switched factories, cheaper materials, less focused Chinese kids...who knows.

Comment

I use them exclusively and haven't had any issues at all. That's crazy it would just explode

Comment

They're all I shoot from my Xbow. dozens of shots, no issues.

yet

Comment

I have shot the same bolt 3 times into a tree and it still appears to be ok for de-cocking.

Comment

Interesting. Once I get my classes figured out and get a little free time I'll be chasing pigs on public land to test them further. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                  Has anyone had any bad experiences with these arrows? I spined a buck in October and the arrow blew to pieces. All I could find was slivers of carbon and the flecthings, not one piece of solid shaft. The broadhead was sticking out of the opposite side with the insert still attached. I ended up shooting the buck again to put him down. This time the shot went from the top of the rib cage straight through the heart. No spine, no shoulder blade, just ribs. That arrow blew apart about 6 inches up from the insert. I understand weird things happen and the shot was not ideal. I still have my concerns though. Anyone have any experiences or was this just a freak thing? I do plan on sticking a few pigs after muzzleloader to test them. The picture is where the broadhead stuck through the opposite side.

Have you tried FLEXING the arrow in your hand first to see if you hear or see cracking?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomaster View Post
                    Have you tried FLEXING the arrow in your hand first to see if you hear or see cracking?

Yes, I flex and spin test every arrow. I also shoot every arrow at least 3 times. So I shot flexed and spun those arrows and shot 3 times a piece before they made it into my quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                      Yes, I flex and spin test every arrow. I also shoot every arrow at least 3 times. So I shot flexed and spun those arrows and shot 3 times a piece before they made it into my quiver.

Wow maybe just a defective batch

Comment

Working...
                      X