Anyone feel like the go sit too early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone feel like the go sit too early?

I'm usually in the stand around 2:30 ish. Almost never see deer until 4:30 or later. Kinda feel like I'm in here way too early. Anyone else do the same??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's typically about the time I get in the stand and in 20 years I bet I have only killed 1-2 deer before 4. I have seen some really good action between 2-4 many times so that's probably why I keep going back early.

Comment

Try to be in stand by 3:30 after DST ends

Try to be in stand a good 30 min before legal shooting light in the mornings

Comment

I usually go about that time as well. Most of the time it’s just because it’s boring to sit back at camp. We don’t have TV or anything so might as well go sit in the stand. Killed a 144” at 2:45pm one time. You just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have rarely killed one during that time period, but my thought is if I happen to make some noise or lay down more scent than I expected then I know I have plenty of time for things to settle down and scent to subside somewhat before the majority of action starts...

Comment

Yeah I'm usually in the stand about 5:45 or so in the morning which isn't really a big deal. I just get bored sitting at the camp house even with the tv. I'm waiting on the day I see a deer before 4 pm

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
              I have rarely killed one during that time period, but my thought is if I happen to make some noise or lay down more scent than I expected then I know I have plenty of time for things to settle down and scent to subside somewhat before the majority of action starts...
              Yep get in early and let everything get back to normal before they get on their feet and moving

Comment

Can't kill them if you ain't there. Killed 2 of my biggest deer at about 230

Comment

So how do you get bored sitting in camp, but not sitting in a deer blind not seeing anything?

Comment

Before 4
                    Sometimes I see a dove fly or a buzzard.
                    The rest of the time the meadow grass sways nicely in the breeze, slowly hypnotizing me to a peaceful nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      So how do you get bored sitting in camp, but not sitting in a deer blind not seeing anything?
                      Simple. Camp has no service. Deer stand has Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by troop4 View Post
                        Before 4
                        Sometimes I see a dove fly or a buzzard.
                        The rest of the time the meadow grass sways nicely in the breeze, slowly hypnotizing me to a peaceful nap.
                        Those are the best. Especially when you wake up justtttt in time to see that monster walking into the trees[emoji23]

Comment

In the stand where I catch some good naps!

Comment

Me lease partner,likes to sit from 230pmto 6pm , with feeder going off at 4pm and again at 445
                            In the morning he is in the blind by 530 am
                            We never kill anything before 7:30 am or 5p it seems
                            He is a major league moron " maybe one day he will prove me wrong "

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              Me lease partner,likes to sit from 230pmto 6pm , with feeder going off at 4pm and again at 445
                              In the morning he is in the blind by 530 am
                              We never kill anything before 7:30 am or 5p it seems
                              He is a major league moron " maybe one day he will prove me wrong "
                              You described me so well[emoji173][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X