Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you see your first sit

Did you see anything other than deer?

During my first sit of the season yesterday I saw a big bobcat and coyote that both passed me at about 55 yards. Also had a big barred owl land in the tree next to me which was cool.

I didn't see any deer but it was still a good sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly...my TV

Comment

8 pigs, 1 rabbit

Comment

My first sit on opening day Saturday had me looking at that same magazine that I seem to read over and over. Of course my first sit on opening day was on my porcelain throne as I had to work

Comment

One doe and some dove. Heard a bunch of loud mouthed neighbors though. They just recently bought the land and I guess decided to have the entire family explore every acre by the fence line. I could see one guy walking right by it. I was hunting about 300-400 yards away.

They scared off the doe and pretty much ruined my hunt.

Comment

Had a 17" 8 point under the feeder for 30 minutes...4.5 year old deer with real short tines. He's there every day waiting for it to throw corn. If I don't have a big buck by Christmas he may be headed for the freezer. Saw a little doe that ran by 3 times in about 15 minutes. Never saw what if anything was chasing her. Woodducks swimming in the creek 20 yards away all morning. Nice day to be in the woods.

Comment

Two cat squirrels, but it was still a good sit. Cool morning, got in my blind way before light, and got to hear the woods wake up. Heard a pileated woodpecker, but didn't see him. Evening sit was one 1.5 year old buck. The bastage hogs were a no show.

Comment

Saw a red tailed hawk on the ground at the feeder, a three year old 8 point, a 4 year old 8 point, and a doe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a really nice 12 point driving to my place this morning to hunt were I saw nothing

Comment

Walked up on the dilla at dark this morning. Seen 20 something squirrels. Went to my Atv and sat there waiting for my sons hunt to finish and wateched 4 doe on the turn row about 200 yards away.

My sone walked up on a deer in the dark 60 yards from his stand. Had two spotted fawns and a doe. Also had a line doe later. Missed the shot, shooting over her back. He walked to me jumping two deer 80 yards from his tree bedded down.

Overall we had a great opening hunt. Nothing like being in the deer woods. We will try to draw blood this evening

Comment

What did you see your first sit

I saw a spike yesterday early morning, then moved a little ways away and had two junior pigs come running right to me, while I'm hanging my stand. [emoji849]Before I could climb up I had a big boar come to around 10 yards. No shot on him, he bedded down quartered to me and then busted me while I got on both knees for the eventual shot opportunity. Nothing more for a few hours until a coyote came through and then I was pretty much done other than squirrels.

Comment

I'll let ya know Wednesday!!!

Comment

2 doe and a yearling

Comment

5 doe, shooter buck (no shot), 10 pigs (no shot), coyote (missed), rabbits, birds!

Comment

1 coyote 3 times no shot to much under brush.

Comment

Working...
                              X