Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member seeking advice

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and am not a hunter. But I am married to an avid hunter and thought that his cohorts could offer me some insight as I, in turn, might be able to provide some insight from the perspective of "the other half." Okay, here's my question: I often feel like I am running a distant 2nd to his work/hunting 1st. Is this the case with most of you and your "other half" or is there cause for concern here?

hntrsgrl, you need to repost your thread in the around the campfire forum. That is where the majority of everyone hangs out and you will get many replies.
    To answer your question most hunters/outdoorsmen are no different than your husband. Sometimes guys tend to overdue it a bit and are gone from our wives and family more than we shoud. It is all about balance. I do whatever my family wants to do for 9 months of the year. When deer season comes around they know that i will be hunting most weekends. I give them 3 months and they get 9.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for the response. I guess it would be nice if you hunters came with a warning tag: "Absence during bow season a nonnegotiable issue." Of course, the writing was on the wall when I met him. It has just been the source of many disagreements, one I thought would subside when children came in the picture. It would not be so bad if when he was here, our topics of conversation did not have to revolve around work or hunting. I mean, you wouldn't want to only hear about every detail of my shopping experience would you? "I was at Dillard's. I spotted this sweater. It was nice, but too expensive, so I thought I would hold out for a better deal. I walked down to Macy's looking for the big one. I had been scoping out the place for weeks now." I mean come on!

Thanks for the tip on the post. I will move it to the campfire to see if I get more responses.

Comment

Go hunting with him! You can have some quiet...kinky stuff while waiting in the blind for deer.

Comment

I agree go with him.
          Alot of fun can be had by all

Comment

Working...
          X