No announcement yet.

Campbell just post tracts to lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put a bid in today what's the best way to help aid in making sure I got the property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once your bid is in it is out of your hands. I am not sure if you can put in more than one bid, but if you are second guessing your bid that you should have bid more then give it a try. One thing that could possibly help you before you submit a bid is to know someone that already leases from Campbell and get them to put the bid in for you- they tend to give preference to folks that already lease from them.

Comment

Not second guessing my bid think it's definitely competitive for how many acres. Just wanting every edge we can get for our large group

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          X2
          X3...keep going West, please

Comment

I've done the west thing 5 hours of driving gives me only a few weekends a year plus ain't hard to catch fish in a bucket [emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
              Friend of mines granddaughter shot one in the 190's this year outside of Palestine. They consistently shoot 150-170 every year. That don't suck and it is low fence.
              Please don't encourage them

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                Which East Texas county are you hunting that allows 5 deer?
                All Campbell land is MLD, thus allowing extra deer tags

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  False

Personally lease three tracts from Campbell ranging from 950-1550 acres. None are MLD
                  Last edited by Nike; 01-29-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                    Just put a bid in today what's the best way to help aid in making sure I got the property

Bid higher

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

I wish this were true, but it ain't.

Comment

I live in Cypress and have "won" a bid twice now. Both times I was out on business travel and could not get out to confirm I wanted the place by their deadline. As others have said, go see it before bidding I guess. I would not take it sight-unseen.
                        Just curious as this peaked my interest. So you can bid on a lease and then back out if you don't like it? Also, if you have until June 1 to pay, what if you don't get a club together and can't fund the deal, are there any penalties or repercussions?

I don't really like that system if it's in fact true, can anyone can confirm this info?

There are two places very close to me, one about 6-7 miles from my house that I would be interested in with a couple of buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                          Friend of mines granddaughter shot one in the 190's this year outside of Palestine. They consistently shoot 150-170 every year. That don't suck and it is low fence.
                          150-170 every year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Just curious as this peaked my interest. So you can bid on a lease and then back out if you don't like it? Also, if you have until June 1 to pay, what if you don't get a club together and can't fund the deal, are there any penalties or repercussions?

I don't really like that system if it's in fact true, can anyone can confirm this info?

There are two places very close to me, one about 6-7 miles from my house that I would be interested in with a couple of buddies.

Winning the bid and signing the contract are two different things. There is no penalty to win the bid then decline the property

Comment

Better get your wallets out boys. I bid on 4 of them.

Comment

Mike, one of the two criteria they give preference to is folks who bid that live close to the tract they bid on. I would never bid on a lease that I didn't go look at first. Looking it over could help you determine whether it is worth the effort to bid on for what your needs are or could also help you determine how much you are willing to bid. My first tract I got was less than a mile from my house. Having more opportunity to hunt per season helped me determine that it was worth an extra twenty-five or thirty cents more an acre than what I would have normally bid for it. I am all about maximum opportunity to be in the woods when it comes to east Texas deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X