Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default Texas hunter products deer stands?

I'm going to buy a tower blind to set up on a lease in East Texas.
I have bought several Texas hunter deer feeders and they have served me well.
Has any one hunted out of their blinds?
They are $1,500.00 cheaper than the Red Neck blinds I bought for the farm so I'm looking at them pretty hard
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
Saltyag15
Ten Point
 
Saltyag15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Karnes, La Salle, and Sutton Counties
Default

No experience on their blinds, but I sure do enjoy the tailgate feeder we have! The wireless remote makes things so much cleaner and easier.
Saltyag15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
Bazo
Ten Point
 
Bazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Where I can
Default

I have a 4x4 on a 5" tower and it's a nice blind. It's been out for 4 years and shows no sign of wear. It's not water tight though. In a heavy rain mine leaks.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
I have a 4x4 on a 5" tower and it's a nice blind. It's been out for 4 years and shows no sign of wear. It's not water tight though. In a heavy rain mine leaks.
I bought one back in 2005 and will not buy another. Whatever it is they used at the time for the walls warped so bad you can hardly open the windows and the door. I found it to be noisy and a bit rickety. It's not water-tight and seems to be a preferred nesting site for wasps. Lots and lots of wasps.

I paid a small fortunate for it and wound up giving it to a buddy of mine who hunts on the lease. He's still using it but if he ever wanted to get rid of it I'd just as soon burn it where it stands.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
Randy
Pope & Young
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: 20' up a tree in Leon County
Default

I have one on a 20ft tower in south Texas. Its a really good stand but the ladder is narrow and the blind walls seem thin. I put a heavier floor in it and some extra braces. I didn't feel it would hold me up very well.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I bought one back in 2005 and will not buy another. Whatever it is they used at the time for the walls warped so bad you can hardly open the windows and the door. I found it to be noisy and a bit rickety. It's not water-tight and seems to be a preferred nesting site for wasps. Lots and lots of wasps.

I paid a small fortunate for it and wound up giving it to a buddy of mine who hunts on the lease. He's still using it but if he ever wanted to get rid of it I'd just as soon burn it where it stands.
guess that is why it is $1,000 cheaper
Thanks for the info
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #7
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
guess that is why it is $1,000 cheaper
Thanks for the info
Marty, have you looked at the Dillon blinds ? I have two 5.5'x5.5' and really like them. They will customize the interior within reason, i.e., different window placement and shelf placement. You can talk to the owner, order what you want, and have it delivered to the Tractor Supply where you want to pick it up. I have the phone number if you need it.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #8
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
guess that is why it is $1,000 cheaper
Thanks for the info
I'm sure it is. If you want something in the TX Hunter Products price-point I would consider The Blynd. Their new full-size door and window upgrade kit are great and I actually find they don't let winged-critters in too bad at all.

If, however, you don't mind spending the money, Ranch Kings can't be beat. That's all I'll ever buy anymore.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #9
pilar
Ten Point
 
pilar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I have one on a 20ft tower in south Texas. Its a really good stand but the ladder is narrow and the blind walls seem thin. I put a heavier floor in it and some extra braces. I didn't feel it would hold me up very well.
The narrow ladder is my only complaint with them
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #10
Big pig
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress, tx
Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I'm sure it is. If you want something in the TX Hunter Products price-point I would consider The Blynd.

If, however, you don't mind spending the money, Ranch Kings can't be beat. .
I agree 100% with the above. Especially if you have a blynd in the shade.

Big pig
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #11
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
Marty, have you looked at the Dillon blinds ? I have two 5.5'x5.5' and really like them. They will customize the interior within reason, i.e., different window placement and shelf placement. You can talk to the owner, order what you want, and have it delivered to the Tractor Supply where you want to pick it up. I have the phone number if you need it.
I had a couple of 20 year old dillons but figured they were up into the $3,000.00 range

At my age I dont figure i will get to hunt long enough to justify anther $3,000 blind
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com