Remodelling the House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    I did the same thing to our house 5 years ago. I did all of the tear out and had subbed out the rest. It was built in 83 and had popcorn that had to be taken off. Went down to the studs on both bathrooms and the kitchen. It cost me just shy of 60,000.
    We are not quite doing all of that, about 1800Sqft of tile and carpet being ripped up, new bathroom walls with Wains Coating (I think that is how it is spelt) new tub in the Master along with the Master shower getting redone. All for about 25,000. That price is including material as well.

So far I highly recommend the guy doing it. he did my Grandmother two bathrooms and kitchen flooring. He is honest and if something is messed up and it was on his builders he will have them start from scratch, no cover up jobs here.

Comment

Looks awesome!! When i bought my house three years ago i had every bit of the flooring ripped out and replaced with wood look tile, I absolutely love it so far. I’ve had one break and it took my about twenty minutes to chisel it up and put a new one in its place. Money well spent!

Comment

Here are some more updates! They are just about finished with the tile overall (except our master bath) and it is starting to look awesome and come together. They have also started on the spare bathroom and hopefully I will have almost completed pictures tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

looks good! updates?

Comment

Did you re-do the plumbing with Pex, too?

Comment

So we have been super busy with a baby on the way, Thanksgiving, and hunting season being in full swing. Here are some updates on the house, plans are to finish on Monday!
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Looks great. Like previously stated, looks like a whole new house. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Wow. Looks great. Like previously stated, looks like a whole new house. Congrats
                  It is really starting to feel like it! they are putting together the master bath now and I cannot wait till they are finished!

Comment

Looking great. Tuned in for pictures of the completed project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Comment

That floor looks amazing!

Comment

That tile looks terrific. In for final pictures

Comment

What size grout joints did they go with on the wood look tile? My wife and I keep going back and forth between wood and wood look tile on our new house build. I just don’t like the grout joints on the tile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            What size grout joints did they go with on the wood look tile? My wife and I keep going back and forth between wood and wood look tile on our new house build. I just don’t like the grout joints on the tile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            When the wife and I had our floors replaced we went with the tile that looks like wood and the installers used pennies for spacers. Our grout lines are very minimal and makes the tiles flow. Most people actually think we have wood floors.

Comment

Working...
                            X