No announcement yet.

Buff after Bushpig.... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! This is your time! Buff in Africa hunts are the best. Good luck to you.

Comment

How long are you there for?? Got my arrows today and started another bad habit!! Good luck with the bush pigs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is 2:25 am here in Johannesburg South Africa. I fell asleep early and can sleep no more.
        Laying here, in the dark I began thinking about my life and all that goes into it to making it what it is.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	RABBITS_2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	24511019
        I am and have always been a Bowman. From the time I was a small boy I have always had a bow. I started out chasing rabbits and squirrels behind my childhood home, rarely killing one but loving the chase. Then life moved on and I made friends in school, like minded fellows for the most part but none that were ate up with bows and arrows like I was. In their defense it was as is a whole lot easier to kill something with a rifle than a bow.
        Then once I grew up life kinda overwhelms a man. Meet a girl have a couple of kids and suddenly there is not a lot of time to play with your toys but that bow is always around. You may not have time to shoot it often but it is still with you when you step back from life to take a breath, it is in your heart and soul and gives you pleasure of a moment’s day dream of high mountains or faraway places, adventures yet to come.

Name:	bushbuck2009.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24511020

I have lived a blessed life. I have a wife I love, I have lived long enough to see my sons become just and upright men with families of their own and through all of it I have carried a bow. For some twenty – five years I worked shut downs. It was feast and famine, some years I had a great place to hunt, some years I hunted public land but every year was a good memory. Watching my sons grow up around a camp fire every year a little stronger a little more independent. The memory of it makes me smile even now. I am surrounded by grand kids, lots of the little devils and am blessed to see them often. Some will hunt, some will not. It does not matter to me I love them all.

Name:	buffpig3.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	24511021
        Now I’m old. Im not sure how that happened, I just looked up one day an young girls were holding doors open for me and everything hurts. My bow is still here calling to me. As I lay here in the dark I can remember so many moments in time. Freezing in a tent in the mountains of New Mexico, The sun breaking over the mountains in Wyoming are no better memory than the one I have of hearing the pigs coming through the dark river bottom headed to a pile of corn on a night hunt in East Texas. Every memory is special, every memory is mine.
        I have traveled half way around the world hoping to kill an animal that most folks have never heard of or would be interested in hunting. My wife and my dog are left home alone to miss me, I love them both. This trip like all those in the past and all those left before me has that one common thread. There is a bow. A simple piece of wood made powerful and beautiful by some craftsman whom I have never met. The bow will do its job; it is pure in its ability. The win or lose of the entire affair rests on me.
        Most everyone who reads this babbling will be left to wonder “is he drunk or stupid”. I assure you neither are the case. There will be a few out there than understand what I’m trying to say. Some things are hard to put down on paper. I have pretty much lived my life. I have been many things father, husband, grandpa, welder, rigger, machinist, supervisor Master Mason but at any period, through the many years If you asked me “What are you” I would have said “a Bowhunter”.

Name:	bagglady - Copy.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	24511018

Comment

Dang sure liked reading that buff. Best of luck in your quest for the bush pig, and a huge congrats on living a full life with accomplishments(as a bow hunter,father,husband,etc.) that I could only dream of completing someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            How long are you there for?? Got my arrows today and started another bad habit!! Good luck with the bush pigs!!

That is some really great shooting, congrats

Comment

That shore is a purdy "Widder"! Hope you draw some deadly blood with her soon!

Comment

Man you just got me all excited to bowhunt again. I'm feeling it. You are gonna lay one down this time Buff.

Comment

I think that's the best post I have ever read from you Buff...and there have been many!! Good luck....

Comment

God is good.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Marty, hope you get a good one!

Comment

What you typed above speaks volumes about your character

Glad I have had the pleasure of sharing time with you and hopefully get to spend some more in the future

Comment

That was a great little write up Marty. I enjoyed it. Good luck and I can't wait for the pics. I know they're coming!!

Comment

Good Luck Marty, Love your stories and love following your hunts. Cannot wait to read more on them and see the pictures.
                            Bob

Comment

Get em Buff.

Comment

Good luck!

Love your Africa threads!

Comment

Working...
                                X