Need Alligator Skinned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Alligator Skinned

I know this is a long shot, but I'm in somewhat of a bind. We hunted gators yesterday & today at JD Murphree and were fortunate enough to get 3. I have skinned 2 of the 3, however my back is in bad shape after the hunt and I just quit after the 2nd one at 2am. The gator has been on ice for a little over 24 hours already, so I really need to get him skinned soon. The 2 smaller gators I was able to skin on a table, however the 3rd is too big and will have to be skinned on the ground since I don't have a table big enough. He is currently in my drive wrapped in a trap, packing blankets, towels, and is packed down with several hundred pound of ice. There's no way I can load him back into the truck with my back, so I'm looking for someone to skin it here at my house in Pearland. I'm willing to pay for your services and we can even sweeten the deal with a healthy amount of gator meat. If you think you could help me out shoot me a text at 979-221-4038.

Wish I knew how and could help out. Good luck finding someone, maybe call a local processor?

Comment

Would a local taxidermist be able to help you out?

Comment

If only I was in the area. Never done it before, but with someone telling me how, I could've done it. I'm in Dallas right now and might head to Houston tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt. Someone nearby help him out.

Comment

I'm sure he can tell you how to skin it

Comment

I sure hope you find someone soon. Been there before with the back trouble.
              You don't have any neighbors willing to help?

Comment

I could get over there this evening, if that helps?

Comment

I have a job to finish in pearland this morning.
                  Could help you about noon maybe a bit earlier.
                  Charles 832 654 8201

Comment

Get your neighbor to help load it back in your truck this morning and then take it to Larry Janik in El Campo. Then you will wish you had taken them all to him. It cost a bit of money, but your back will not be hurting, and in the end, very well worth it.

Bob

Comment

I wish I knew the first thing about skinning a gator. Ttt for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        I could get over there this evening, if that helps?
                        Unfortunately it's my wife's birthday today and I'm throwing her a surprise party tonight.
                        Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                        I have a job to finish in pearland this morning.
                        Could help you about noon maybe a bit earlier.
                        Charles 832 654 8201
                        If you're available I'm still needing the help. I'm in Silverlake on the 288 side of town.
                        Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
                        Get your neighbor to help load it back in your truck this morning and then take it to Larry Janik in El Campo. Then you will wish you had taken them all to him. It cost a bit of money, but your back will not be hurting, and in the end, very well worth it.

Bob
                        I talked to Dena earlier in the week and she recommended them. I even emailed and discussed it with his wife, but since I prefer to do all my own stuff when I can thought I'd give it a shot. Didn't expect my back to get this bad. I told Erica this morning that if I could get him back in the truck is take him down there, but there's no easy I can lift him at 280#.

Comment

Never done one, but if you walk me through it and still need someone, I would be glad to help you out if tonight is not to far away. Pm me

Comment

I would start looking at asking neighbors or some neighborhood teenagers to come by the house and help you load him in your truck and just take him to the place Bob mentioned. Seems like that should be pretty easy.

Comment

Janik in El Campo is the place to go. I hope you find some folks to help you get him back in the truck!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X