Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about a Canon 6D Mark II

Does anyone have experience with this camera? I’d mainly be using it for
    wildlife photography. It’s supposed to have great low light capabilities.

I just bought the Sony A7iii and it’s crazy how nice this camera is. I’m a newbie to photography but the quality is amazing. I’m using a FE 24-105 G lens and it’s super clear. At 24 mp you can zoom in after taking the photo and really get super crisp cropped photos. Here is a sample of two photos I shot today. One was around 4 pm. The other was around 9:30 pm. I can barely see the building at night with the naked eye and it’s 200-250 yards away. That’s pretty dang impressive low light capabilities! I’m confident that with a full moon, I’d take photos that were close to cloudy day photos. This was taken in auto and nothing customized in iso or anything else.

Here is the distant photo taken at 105 zoomed in after the shot. With 24 mp you are able to zoom in and really hold a crisp photo. Again, im no expert. Not even a novice and I’m learning but I bought this as a camera that can cover wildlife photos, vacation photos, family events, and self film hunting or film hunting. So far I’m very very pleased. I am looking forward to learning how to really maximize this cameras abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, I’d recommend getting what ever camera you purchase through camera land. Joel was a pleasure to work with and helped me tremendously as well as gave me the best prices hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ezypikns View Post
        Does anyone have experience with this camera? I’d mainly be using it for
        wildlife photography. It’s supposed to have great low light capabilities.
        I believe Shane has one of these. You might try to PM him.

Comment

If you're looking exclusively at wildlife photos, you might also take a look at the Canon 7D Mark II unless you're set on full frame. You can find em used for pretty cheap, and that'll give you more cash for lenses if you aren't already outfitted there. I loved mine, but I decided to go full frame for landscapes, so I ended up in the 5D series.

Comment

I’ve got the 6D and love it. I’m no photographer and just use the automatic settings., great photos! Gonna take some classes this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
              If you're looking exclusively at wildlife photos, you might also take a look at the Canon 7D Mark II unless you're set on full frame. You can find em used for pretty cheap, and that'll give you more cash for lenses if you aren't already outfitted there. I loved mine, but I decided to go full frame for landscapes, so I ended up in the 5D series.
              An APS-C sensor will give you more "reach" for wildlife photography also

I'm not familiar with Canon at all so I am assuming the Full Frame lenses are entirely compatible with their APS-C camera.

I have heard great things about the 6D series though, one of my favorite photographers Sean Tucker still runs an only 6D Mk1 and his work is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                I’ve got the 6D and love it. I’m no photographer and just use the automatic settings., great photos! Gonna take some classes this summer.
                I see you are in Houston, have you looked into the Houston Center for Photography classes? They are legit!

Comment

Working...
                X