Today's Bible Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Bible Discussion.

Today I've been driven to consume His Word. Maybe in this context His Water might be more descriptive.
    I've been trying to read Hebrews for 3-4 days now. Got up this AM and all I can think of is Hebrews. I re read chapter 2 again. Good Good stuff in 2:1- infinity :-)

Anyways I read Hebrews 2:6 again
    Hebrews 2:6 NKJV

[6]But one testified in a certain place, saying:
    "What is man that You are mindful of him,
    Or the son of man that You take care of him?

These questions popped out.
    Who is the one that testified and where is this certain place?

I also contemplated if those questions were relevant. I don't have a definitive answer to this question, except to say they must have been because now I have an answer and knowledge.

Took me a bit of researching to learn who to who is. Don't have the where nailed down yet. Maybe we can enlighten each other.

No I didn't use Google.

I do Love all of you more than mere mortal words can express.

You're Loving servant in Jesus
    Kyle

A Reference to Job...and depending on if you place Job before or after the Psalter...he may be referencing Psalms.

A great study for Hebrews is also...who wrote it?

Comment

David said it in Psalms 8.

Comment

Hebrews is a good one. I really like chapter 11

Comment

Hebrews I have read many times ..
          It will deal with your heart..
          Here’s a freebie for ya..
          “The Bible is the only book ever written that the Author is present while reading”.
          Last edited by Bro. Bill; 06-08-2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
            Hebrews I have read many times ..
            It will deal with your heart..
            Here’s a freebie for ya..
            “The Bible is the only book ever written that the Author is present while reading”.
            I like that quote. I will use that in my future teaching.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked it up in John Gill Commentary.

Matthew Henry's didn't have anything.

Since I was at work I wasn't able to use my Tyndale Commentary.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-08-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                A Reference to Job...and depending on if you place Job before or after the Psalter...he may be referencing Psalms.

A great study for Hebrews is also...who wrote it?
                Can you share the verses in Job?

As far as Job being written before Psalms. I think that would be a great follow up discussion. As I believe it deals with the Cannon of Scipture and Origins if the Bible.

Comment

Job 7:17... and absolutely love the conversations on textual criticism. How the Bible has made it into our hands is a fascinating testimony to Gods faithfulness.

Comment

Job 7:17... and absolutely love the conversations on textual criticism. How the Bible has made it into our hands is a fascinating testimony to Gods faithfulness.
                    Textual Criticism?
                    I think I'm reading, maybe understanding, this phrase wrong.

I'm thinking it means doubting His Word, but you followed that up by stating, " How the Bible has made it into it hands is a fascinating testimony to Gods faithfulness.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      Textual Criticism?
                      I think I'm reading, maybe understanding, this phrase wrong.

I'm thinking it means doubting His Word, but you followed that up by stating, " How the Bible has made it into it hands is a fascinating testimony to Gods faithfulness.”
                      Textual criticism is a good thing. I know it sounds negative with "criticize" but it is actually the study of the text in an effort to understand it better. (maybe better isnt the correct word).

In establishing ones theology and doctrine there are time tested hermeneutics that can be used to declare what the bible is saying. things such as delving into context to better understand the circumstances surrounding a certain text.

Basically stating that the Bible was written to a certain people at a certain time. Faithfulness to the Word demands that we ascertain what that message was to those people. Then we glean from it the truth that God would have us learn. Example...Corinthians letters were written to a certain church people, not to us but we can take the teaching on how to conduct the Lords supper and apply it today....did I say I love this stuff .

If you are a reader, I have some great resources to suggest... just let me know.

Blessings Brother.

Comment

Textual criticism is a good thing. I know it sounds negative with "criticize" but it is actually the study of the text in an effort to understand it better. (maybe better isnt the correct word).

In establishing ones theology and doctrine there are time tested hermeneutics that can be used to declare what the bible is saying. things such as delving into context to better understand the circumstances surrounding a certain text.

Basically stating that the Bible was written to a certain people at a certain time. Faithfulness to the Word demands that we ascertain what that message was to those people. Then we glean from it the truth that God would have us learn. Example...Corinthians letters were written to a certain church people, not to us but we can take the teaching on how to conduct the Lords supper and apply it today....did I say I love this stuff .

If you are a reader, I have some great resources to suggest... just let me know.

Blessings Brother.
                        I'm definitely interested

Comment

Working...
                        X